• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occasionally Crashing (Does no load)
MIke:

On my Toshiba Excite I still sometime get a insufficient resources error and the program won't load. When that happens it seems I have not choice but uninstall the program, re-install, and restore from backup via the PC Companion.

I don't know if you have suggestions to avoid this or whether you are making some changes in the new version to keep this from happening. (For some reason, I think maybe making sure the tablet is not in the middle of running something when I shut down--and waiting some time before starting Mobilesheets after I turn on the tablet--might help).

Thanks,
If you have other apps on the tablet and they are set to auto-update, than it might well be the updates are taking up the resources required for MS. I know I've seen this sort of thing happening on my system.

Generally speaking, I do one of two things. 1/ wait until all the downloads have stopped or 2/ turn off the wifi so there's no chance of a download taking place.

For practical purposes, I tend toward solution one when at home and solution two at gigs or rehearsals.

To be fair to Mike, this is more of a problem with your hardware than MS itself and there's not a lot he could do about it.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks, Graeme. That is helpful information.

I think I avoided the problem for a while when I did not permit apps to automatically update. I think I will modify the settings back to that. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

(05-18-2014, 07:45 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: If you have other apps on the tablet and they are set to auto-update, than it might well be the updates are taking up the resources required for MS. I know I've seen this sort of thing happening on my system.

Generally speaking, I do one of two things. 1/ wait until all the downloads have stopped or 2/ turn off the wifi so there's no chance of a download taking place.

For practical purposes, I tend toward solution one when at home and solution two at gigs or rehearsals.

To be fair to Mike, this is more of a problem with your hardware than MS itself and there's not a lot he could do about it.
Sounds like insufficient RAM/cache space to me. Not sure how much internal memory the device has, but I'd suggest going through your apps (especially the larger ones) and, for those that permit it, move them to the SD card if they're presently installed on internal memory.
I guess it would be better if it just crashed and required a restart instead of corrupting the file so it requires you to uninstall and reinstall.

Don't get me wrong, Mobilesheets is the best. And if I don't set the Play Store for automatic updates, this should no longer be problem. But, I figure might as well post about this issue.
Have you tried wiping Mobilesheets cache, instead of uninstalling/reinstalling?
Yes, I did try that. Didn't fix it.
Ugh, it did it again. This time it said something along the lines that I had sufficient resources and to restart Mobilesheets.

(05-20-2014, 11:05 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Yes, I did try that. Didn't fix it.