• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing Support
Hey Mike,

This is an idea that you might consider "way down the road".

I don't know if you've looked into the Google Cloud Print API, but Google has made it pretty easy for developers to add printer support to their apps.

I can currently print PDFs from my tablet using a separate Cloud Print application, but it would be cool if printer support was integrated with MobileSheets. I know that the intent of MobileSheets is to get rid of printed copies, but it would be really cool to be able print out all the sheets associated with a set list and be able to hand them to other band members.

Details here:
https://developers.google.com/cloud-print/docs/android

Just a thought...

Curt.
(04-18-2012, 02:26 AM)cesibley Wrote: Hey Mike,

This is an idea that you might consider "way down the road".

I don't know if you've looked into the Google Cloud Print API, but Google has made it pretty easy for developers to add printer support to their apps.

I can currently print PDFs from my tablet using a separate Cloud Print application, but it would be cool if printer support was integrated with MobileSheets. I know that the intent of MobileSheets is to get rid of printed copies, but it would be really cool to be able print out all the sheets associated with a set list and be able to hand them to other band members.

Details here:
https://developers.google.com/cloud-print/docs/android

Just a thought...

Curt.

I totally agree - and it would also be great if one had the optional choice of printing with the annotations that have been added in mobile sheets. In the instance of me wanting to give my notes to another cast member who misses rehearsal or something??

Thanks
Great stuff Curt. The one thing I don't currently have is the ability to generate a PDF document though. I would need a library in java capable of doing this that is free for commercial use. There are libraries like iText that are under LGPL v3, but this means i have to purchase a license for commercial use and I can't really afford that, as MobileSheets doesn't generate enough revenue for that yet.

I could also just try to use image files with the Google Print service, but it says to expect conversion failures. I will have to experiment with this. If printing with JPG or PNG works fine, then this will be fairly easy to do.
Hi Mike

I was just wondering if this has actually been added - I dont seem to be able to find it?? It would be really handy, as in examples like I currently have, where I have been using my tablet for rehearsals for a Christmas Choir that I am in - but I now have to print my music to have in a folder to sing in the actual choir.

Thanks Smile
Hello,

I'm testing MS at the moment. And I think it is the app I am looking for. One of the things I am missing is an option to export/print the score including my remarks. Format (PDF, PNG ...) doesn't matter. Every format, that I can use to print with via PC is good.

Thanks
(02-18-2014, 10:46 PM)kugo Wrote: Hello,

I'm testing MS at the moment. And I think it is the app I am looking for. One of the things I am missing is an option to export/print the score including my remarks. Format (PDF, PNG ...) doesn't matter. Every format, that I can use to print with via PC is good.

Thanks

Oh, I've seen, that this feature is already in the ToDo-List.
Cheers!