• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 More Previews
(10-06-2014, 04:44 PM)Rey_a Wrote: For beta testing, not having companion is not an issue to me.
In MS (not PRO), choose Options, Utilities, backup library, and make backup locally on tablet. Import into MS Pro can then start from there.

I agree.We can be working out the kinks in beta testing while the Companion is being developed.
hello Mike may i get this beta testing too ! thank s !!
Asus Eeepad TF 201, android 4.03
(09-16-2014, 09:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Another interesting idea that I want to get people's take on is offering MobileSheets under a subscription model. I could just do something like $1 a month which would help support continued MobileSheets development and give me an avenue to release the new update as a separate product. I could take this further to offer different tiers as well. I could offer a cheaper subscription plan for people who only want the most basic features, and more expensive subscription plans for users who want all of the advanced features.

Mike

I agree with others here - NO subscription model. This same argument is being run on a few other fora I go to, with the overwhelming majority in the no camp!!

FWIW, I think charging for a full number version upgrade is fine. All minor point updates (IE sya, 4.1.0 through 4.9.9) free, but when it jumps to a new full number, then everyone should pay. And as indicated from previous comments on the thread, pretty muhc everyone has no issues with this at all.
As much as I appreciate MS please avoid a subscription model. I have paid twice and will gladly pay full price again for new versions. You could have a different title for those who prefer monthly fees. The model for iReal pro is good. I recently paid for all new styles..gladly! Since you get all money up front you might not do as well with subscription.

I would pay a premium for a chord pro editor and any form of Band In A Box compatibility. PG music is ignoring a huge market! Some form of ireal pro integration would be another possibility.
Good luck.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
There is not going to be a subscription model - don't worry. I suggested it to get the response, but it's obvious everyone hates that idea. If my livelihood depended upon the income from MobileSheets, I would probably have to get more serious about revenue generation. Right now, I'm able to just do MobileSheets on the side while still working my day job, so it's not as critical in that regard. I may lose money on new users when I release MobileSheetsPro at a discount for the first month, but I'd rather keep my existing users happy with a low cost upgrade, then make more money and upset people.

Mike
I actually think you will make more money over the next several months. You have the best product for the most popular mobile os. Money lost on new users should be made up for those of us upgrading. No one thinks the new version should be heavily discounted. Hope that increased sales more than off sets the discount. You might consider other stand alone products that support or integrate with MS.

Once again, best of luck!

Soweit ich es verstanden haben geht es hier darum ob- und wie die Version 5.0 zu honorieren wäre.

Ich persönlich sehe in der Version 5.0 mehr als nur ein update und sollte praktisch als eigenständige App neu erworben werden. Die Updatepflege der früheren Versionen bis 4.xx sollten / könnten eingestellt werden. Die bereits erworbenen Apps bis 4.xx sollten aber zusätzlich nutzbar sein / bleiben.

Für eine stabil laufende MS 5.0 würde ich gerne einen angemessenen Preis zahlen!
Spätere Zusatzfunktionen könnten dann ja als kostenpflichtige Module angeboten werden.
Hello, first time posting and recently purchased the app. I would like to chime in on the update and whether to upgrade the current app or offer a new app and require payment again. While those who have been using the app for quite a while may be more than willing to pay again, anyone who has recently purchased it would likely not take it well. For example, if you released 5.0 at the beginning of 2015, I'd be pretty upset. Had I known, I would wait until the more improved version is released to get that.

Plus, wouldn't it be awkward to have two versions available in the Play Store? Actually, 3 or 4? Because you would have MS, MSPro, MS 5.0, and MS 5.0 Pro. If you do go that route, is there a way you can track down and contact all those who have purchased MS Pro and send them a coupon/discount code to be used? I'm not sure how the different app stores function, if they provide the developer a way in which they can contact those who have purchased their product.
I understand there is come concern about purchasing twice. That's why for the first month I'm pricing the new version at only $4, which is the difference in cost between the original version and the new version. Yes, new users who wait are going to get a steal by buying the new version for $4, but someone has to lose in order for me to offer a discounted price to existing users. In this case, I'm the one losing as I'm suffering the loss of $9 per sale (on top of Google's 30% cut). The alternative is for me to offer no discount to anyone, and anger a lot of existing users that I have already promised a discount for, or not offer the app as a new product (and instead just as an update), eliminating the possibility to use the old version in parallel, and significantly reducing any profit I will get for the new version, reducing my ability to continue supporting the app as much as I am. Or I can just make everyone mad and go with a subscription model which ensures that new users can get the upgrade for free, but will be charged something every month for access to the app.

Because of the way the app store pricing and purchasing is handled, my hands are tied. I can't charge a different price for existing users to upgrade, but full price for new users. So yes, I'm sorry you are losing out on getting the app for $4 instead of full price. If people want, I can just release the new app at full price, and offer "rebates" for existing users, where I will have to transfer money to you over something like PayPal. Then new users don't get the unfair discount and existing users can get the discount they want. I highly doubt people want to mess with this though...

Mike
As far as the play store, the existing MobileSheets product will be removed from the play store. MobileSheetsPro will be the only app available after the discount period ends.

Mike
No offense, but it's $4 ! (for the month when it comes out)

I paid about $50.00 for a clearly inferior product (not even close) I used on a Windows laptop for a while.

The concern I have is that the pricing is so cheap that it makes no sense for Mike to put the work into it.

Hopefully it will be the premier software for this purpose and virtually every musician will shift to using it, which will make it worthwhile for Mike to continue investing his time into it.

Jeff

(12-09-2014, 06:05 AM)Kevkelsar Wrote: Hello, first time posting and recently purchased the app. I would like to chime in on the update and whether to upgrade the current app or offer a new app and require payment again. While those who have been using the app for quite a while may be more than willing to pay again, anyone who has recently purchased it would likely not take it well. For example, if you released 5.0 at the beginning of 2015, I'd be pretty upset. Had I known, I would wait until the more improved version is released to get that.

Plus, wouldn't it be awkward to have two versions available in the Play Store? Actually, 3 or 4? Because you would have MS, MSPro, MS 5.0, and MS 5.0 Pro. If you do go that route, is there a way you can track down and contact all those who have purchased MS Pro and send them a coupon/discount code to be used? I'm not sure how the different app stores function, if they provide the developer a way in which they can contact those who have purchased their product.
I think you would be better off selling both. Knowing both apps I would encourage most friends to start off with the old version. The new version is a truly pro app but there is a lot to learn. After using it for a while most would likely purchase the pro and provide two sales. Beginners may be frustrated with too many features. Your PRICING is still low enough that most users would pay for both. The migration path is easy.

I personally look forward to a Windows version. I see that os as the future for apps like MS.

Good luck!

MS is great. With a cheap large screen android tablet it can be a low cost way to access digital scores. A growing number of people in the groups I play in are finding this - its use is growing. But v4 is single user. We can't even share set lists - a basic requirement in groups. That's why I'm really excited about v5.

From the publisher's viewpoint, promoting v5 as a "group" product could be key to generating increased sales - but if you price it too high then that is counter-productive. The current price suggests a credible product (which it is - although UIs can always be improved in any software product) and could perhaps be pushed a little higher.

As I've posted elsewhere, charging an upgrade fee is reasonable and appropriate when major new features are included.

(09-15-2014, 06:17 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I just wanted to let everyone know that I posted some additional videos of the new features in version 5.0.0. There are four videos because the screen capture software Google provides cuts off videos at 3 minutes. Once I'm ready to start making tutorial videos, I will use a better setup. The video links are posted below:

Preview #1
Preview #2
Preview #3
Preview #4

In these four videos, you will find demonstrations of the new song editor, including the ability to add any number of files to a song, automatic cropping, tons of new fields, the audio tab, and the MIDI tab. I forgot to demonstrate the new cropping screen that lets you drag the corners manually. I also showed off the new group editor screen, which lets you set up things like the setlists, collections, artists, albums, etc. As part of this, I showed off the new drag & drop features when working with setlists, which should make it much easier to drop songs in the middle of an existing setlist.

After the editors, I showed off the new display modes, including the single page, two page, half page in portrait, and vertical scrolling modes. I also showed off the ability to scale pages to fill the screen if desired. The two page display mode also has multiple options for page turns, including a single page turn, two pages at a time, or alternating pages.

Lastly, I showed a few new screens, such as the reformatted batch import screen, some of the new settings including the song format screen, and the pedal actions screen.

This was once again a quick and dirty preview, but I wanted to show people where things are at. I still have a number of features that have to be fully tested, including the new sharing features and the many available options with text files, but I'm doing my best to try to get things finished as fast as I can. I want this release to be rock solid, but it's amazing how much time it takes to get even minor features completely bug free.

Thanks everyone for your continued support and patience,
Mike
I get a message "video cannot be played because the file is corrupt". This happens with all these files.

I use Firefox 34.0.5 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Ian
Samsung Galaxy S9 Ultra 14.6", 1TB, Android 13, AirTurn BT-105
Have you tried right-clicking them and saving to disk? I imagine that would work just fine regardless of the browser you use.