• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galaxy S3
I am not sure if this is right place place to post this, so do please move it if it is wrong.

I have been looking for a usable reader/hardware for some time. At the moment, I am restricted to using a PDF reader on a laptop using a foot switch. It is less than ideal for a number of reasons.

I want to buy a tablet and, for me, the choice is between Android and Win8

I wanted to try MobileSheets on my Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1 and, if it looks good, to go out and buy an android tablet.

But when I go to Google Play, I am told it won't run on my Galaxy.

I am not sure what to do next...I don't want to lay on a tablet if MobileSheets is not going to work.

Polly
I can tell you that it definitely works for Android on my Transformers. It is not a phone app so it doesn't work on my Galaxy S2. I started out on a cheap Android costing less than $100 and then bought the Transformer. IT IIS THE REASON I BOUGHT A TABLET. It is now a very powerful and polished app worth much more than I paid for it.

I doubt that it will run on Win8.
I plan to eventually support Windows 8, but it's going to take a lot of work to port the app over, so I don't see that happening until the middle of next year, at the earliest.

As for testing out MobileSheets, you can try it out on your Galaxy S3 using SlideME, but it will probably look awful, and will be hardly usable. I wouldn't want your first impression of MobileSheets to be based upon that experience. Do you know anyone that has an Android tablet that you can try the free version of MobileSheets on?
(11-21-2012, 06:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I plan to eventually support Windows 8, but it's going to take a lot of work to port the app over, so I don't see that happening until the middle of next year, at the earliest.

As for testing out MobileSheets, you can try it out on your Galaxy S3 using SlideME, but it will probably look awful, and will be hardly usable. I wouldn't want your first impression of MobileSheets to be based upon that experience. Do you know anyone that has an Android tablet that you can try the free version of MobileSheets on?

Sadly not that I know of but I can ask.

Not to worry... it is my problem. At least I have found out that a smartphone does not a tablet make on this occasion.

Thanks for trying to help.

Polly