• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Use Impressions
Just thought I would make a little thread as I have just got in from my first gig using MobileSheets and my 10" Ainol Novo 10 Hero tablet, which I purchased from here.

Scanning in my music and importing it using the PC companion was painless, and I had all three sets ready to go using the setlist feature of MobileSheets. I have a microphone stand for my tablet, which works well as I do a little backing vocals anyway, and most of the venues we play are nightclubs with tight stages. The stand was from amazon, here. It cost £30 and If I had known about the new hercules TabGrab at the time I would have opted for that. However, it still seems to work fine and even though the clips are on either side when it's in portrait, it seems to work very well and hold it really tight.

I got to the gig today and the band leader had made some changes to the music and re-printed it out. Using the annotations feature of MobileSheets i had enough time pre-first set to make these amendments to my lead sheets which was just great, the band were impressed. The only downside, is on one of them, the text size became much bigger when I returned to the sheet. Going into edit mode, and all the annotations were in the correct place. A zoom in or out of any % seems to fix the error, but worth looking into Smile

The gig was for a bunch of people with more money than sense but we were paid very nicely which always eases the pain. In-between set 1 and 2, someone knocked over my mic stand, tablet as well. It fell forwards, face down, but luckily nothing broke. The casing of the tablet came apart perhaps a mm but it all clicked back into place, like taking the back off a phone. Certainly won't leave it sat set up on the stand again, even on a raised stage. What is it about paying money for a ticket that makes people think they are entitled to wander onto the stage and press keys and flick strings of my bass?!?!?!? Anyway, rant aside. Going digital has been awesome so far. And i'm getting around 9 hours battery life from my tab as well which is just dandy, so I know it will last all night even for the three-set nights.

I've been envious of iPad users ever since I saw iRealBook, and other sheet reading apps, but no longer. The band were impressed at the features of the program, so kudos to you!

Attached is a pic of how i have it all set up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the feedback! That looks like a great setup you have there. I have a fix coming for the annotations in v3.9, so it should address the issue you've described.
(12-28-2012, 05:03 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for the feedback! That looks like a great setup you have there. I have a fix coming for the annotations in v3.9, so it should address the issue you've described.

awesome! Thanks for the hard work mate
(12-27-2012, 12:01 PM)weezul Wrote: The gig was for a bunch of people with more money than sense but we were paid very nicely which always eases the pain. In-between set 1 and 2, someone knocked over my mic stand, tablet as well. It fell forwards, face down, but luckily nothing broke. The casing of the tablet came apart perhaps a mm but it all clicked back into place, like taking the back off a phone. Certainly won't leave it sat set up on the stand again, even on a raised stage. What is it about paying money for a ticket that makes people think they are entitled to wander onto the stage and press keys and flick strings of my bass?!?!?!?

They'd get a flick from me pretty fast if they tried that with my gear Smile Someone knocking over a mic stand is always a fear as well. Hope you charged appropriately for the gig (sounds like you did) !