• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting with pedeal
Music 
Ok, I continue to have problems with my pedal not changing pages.  This is both in the MS and MSProBeta. The screen shot I included is for the MSProBeta.  I have a lot of gigs coming up and really, really, REALLY need to figure this out.  I have a firefly and a Nexus 10.  HELP!!  Huh    
If you tap one of the "Keys" fields, and press one of the pedals, does it even register the pedal being pressed? Does the FireFly work for you with any application? If your tablet doesn't support the right version of bluetooth, it won't work at all. I know several users that had to get new tablets because of this.
(01-23-2015, 02:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you tap one of the "Keys" fields, and press one of the pedals, does it even register the pedal being pressed? Does the FireFly work for you with any application?  If your tablet doesn't support the right version of bluetooth, it won't work at all. I know several users that had to get new tablets because of this.

Ok, I'm not sure what I did, but it is working now.  I started with "uninstalling" the pedals and reconnecting it.  I then got a "trusted device" screen and I had it accept the pedals.  Then I made sure it was connected and now it works.  Will have to see if it continues to work when I turn it off and turn it back on again!  Very interesting.   Confused
I use the Cicada PageFlip with my Toshiba Thrive. I had connection/syncing issues and it was the Cicada. They sent me a new one and while better, sometimes syncing is not a one shot deal. I should mention that between gigs and teaching guitar, I use my equipment at least 5 days a weeks for several hours at a time.

What I have found to be helpful is this routine:
1. open MobileSheets and load my set list
2. go to tablet settings and turn on Bluetooth
3. as soon as my tablet says "connected" to my pedal, I press one of the pedals several times and scroll through the tablet menu on screen to make sure I'm really synced.
4. go to MobileSheets and test page turning.

Occasionally, I will have to disconnect and search devices again to sync. This is not a MobileSheets issue, it's got to do with the tablet.
Hope that helps!
(01-23-2015, 08:04 AM)tcmschlosser Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 02:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you tap one of the "Keys" fields, and press one of the pedals, does it even register the pedal being pressed? Does the FireFly work for you with any application?  If your tablet doesn't support the right version of bluetooth, it won't work at all. I know several users that had to get new tablets because of this.

Ok, I'm not sure what I did, but it is working now.  I started with "uninstalling" the pedals and reconnecting it.  I then got a "trusted device" screen and I had it accept the pedals.  Then I made sure it was connected and now it works.  Will have to see if it continues to work when I turn it off and turn it back on again!  Very interesting.   Confused
[Image: SF%20Caricature%20Invoice%20Logo.jpg]
Professional Entertainer and Guitar Instructor
Using MobileSheets & Cicada PageFlip since 2010
Teach/Perform about 20 hours per week
http://stevefaltermusic.com
After trying bluetooth pedals and having intermittent connection issues, I went back to the billipro connected by USB cable,  I have not looked back.
Bought MobileSheets + BiLiPro USB foot controller a few months back, installed it on my defunct COBY tablet, and it all worked perfectly. Does everything I'd been looking for. Unfortunately, now that I upgraded to a Kindle Fire HD6, I'm experiencing a problem. (I like the setup enough that if necessary, I will go back to the Coby for this application, but that would be somewhat painful.)

I've tried the BiLiPro in both the up-down and forward-backward positions. The OSis intercepting the pedal events, but it's interpreting them to move forward and backward between the OS icons and functions, and not forwarding to the application, as it should -- sort of like [alt][tab] in Windows.

Is there a known work-around for this?

Thanks!

Joe