• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations moving between portrait & landscape
Hi Mike,

You mentioned in your release notes that this bug was fixed, but it appears it is only corrected for annotations on PDF songs. For example, if I add annotation text on a song that consists of JPG images, the size & position of the text changes if I should rotate the tablet from portrait to landscape. Fortunately, it goes back where it belongs when I rotate the tablet back.

Since I tend to use a given song in only one orientation, this isn't a grave issue for me, as long as I create the annotation while I'm in the orientation that I plan to use the song in.
Hello,

That actually surprises me. I'll have to look into this some more to see if I can replicate it using songs created from JPG images. Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
I noticed the same behaviour. Since I have converted all my imported pdf's to images, it happens on all the songs.
I just spent the last 20-30 minutes trying to reproduce this problem without success. I first tried loading a song created from just images, and then produced some freeform drawings. The song showed these annotations just fine in portrait mode (I drew them with the annotation editor in portrait mode). I rotated the tablet to landscape, and they still were placed correctly. I then added annotations to a song created from a pdf, and put that song in a setlist with the song created from images. The annotations in both songs showed correctly. I changed zoom values, and still everything was accurate. Am I not doing something you guys are doing? Please help me out if possible. It may be related to the type of tablets being used. I did my testing on an HP Touchpad. What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Mike
(01-10-2013, 02:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I just spent the last 20-30 minutes trying to reproduce this problem without success. I first tried loading a song created from just images, and then produced some freeform drawings. The song showed these annotations just fine in portrait mode (I drew them with the annotation editor in portrait mode). I rotated the tablet to landscape, and they still were placed correctly. I then added annotations to a song created from a pdf, and put that song in a setlist with the song created from images. The annotations in both songs showed correctly. I changed zoom values, and still everything was accurate. Am I not doing something you guys are doing? Please help me out if possible. It may be related to the type of tablets being used. I did my testing on an HP Touchpad. What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Mike

I FOUND IT!!!

Just for fun, I checked my option settings, and I noticed that I had "Display Half Page in Landscape" checked. So, I unchecked it, then went back and messed with annotations - AND THEY STAY PUT NOW! So the bug only manifests itself when the "display half page in landscape" box is checked.

Have at it Smile
Thanks Snard. I'll try to see if I can gleam some information from that. In reality, that will just ensure that no zoom is application when you change the orientation to landscape. If you manually zoom around 20% in landscape mode with that option off, I'm curious if you will see similar behavior. Since I was not seeing the problem with that option on, I may still need more information to figure this one out.
I interestingly enough, am experiencing the opposite behavior. If I uncheck "Display Half Page in Landscape", it causes my annotations to shift unexpectedly. I will have to see what I can do to fix this. Thanks Snard.
Galaxy Tab 10.1N here.
I use small text boxes to keep my individual settings (Line6 Pod Sound, which Guitar, which pickup etc), usually at the bottom of the lead sheet.
When the whole page is displayed in landscape, the annotation is where put it.
In half page mode, the annotations show up immediately at the bottom of the half page, putting them right in the middle of text; if I place them (in portrait mode) in the right upper corner, they move to the middle in landscape.
I figured out this problem finally. I have a fix that will be included with v4.0.1. Unfortunately, this fix will only work for new annotations. Existing annotations will still exhibit this displacement issue, as the nature of the problem makes it extremely difficult to fix them (they were created using an incorrect calculation for zoom factors). At the very least, people who spent a lot of time creating annotations that accounted for this bug will still be able to use their annotations like normal, but future ones will work correctly.