• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chordPro {new_page} tag support
It would be really handy to have {new_page} | {np} tags supported to allow for coherent page turning.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
I'll go ahead and add them for the next release, as I don't believe it will take too much effort.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm just setting up some ChordPro songs, so might not be understanding something crucial...
It seems a little strange to me why there are pages in ChordPro. Since there is scrolling, could there just be one page continuing downwards?
It also means you could possibly copy repeated chorus lyrics (etc.) in full without worrying about page turns and links to go back or anything. I am assuming there is a reason for pages?
The reason for pages is that it allows me to reuse the rest of my code that is based upon pages without needing to have special handling for chord pro or text files. Some people may still prefer half page turns in portrait compared to a continuous horizontal or vertical scroll, and without the concept of pages, this would be impossible. My display engine requires that every page has a finite size - the concept of an endless page is not one that my code can support unfortunately.

Mike
(04-22-2015, 06:20 AM)bumblebee Wrote: I'm just setting up some ChordPro songs, so might not be understanding something crucial...
It seems a little strange to me why there are pages in ChordPro. Since there is scrolling, could there just be one page continuing downwards?
It also means you could possibly copy repeated chorus lyrics (etc.) in full without worrying about page turns and links to go back or anything. I am assuming there is a reason for pages?
I use a bluetooth foot pedal for turning pages...don't know how I could use that in a scrolling mode.

sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
It works in all 3 display modes, so in the current vertical scrolling it just triggers the scroll to the next page. Have you tried it?
Actually I'm thinking the half page with foot pedal could work, although mostly I don't want to use the foot pedal.