• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewritten pdf with annotations now possible?
Hello everybody!

After reading some threads in this forum it's still not clear to me, if MobileSheets allows you to save the written annotations also destructively in PDF format? This would be a very important feature to me!

Best regards
(04-27-2015, 05:18 PM)Digi2Go Wrote: Hello everybody!

After reading some threads in this forum it's still not clear to me, if MobileSheets allows you to save the written annotations also destructively in PDF format? This would be a very important feature to me!

Best regards

Me too. 

I think the answer is not yet, but Mike is working on it (Ii think some people devised work-arounds).
You mean screenshots etc.? Well, the real thing would be so much more comfortable IMO. Hopefully this will be realised very soon.
It's an extremely high priority - I'm getting a lot of feedback about this capability. I just need to find the time to make it happen.
Good News! Smile
(04-28-2015, 06:01 AM)Digi2Go Wrote: You mean screenshots etc.? Well, the real thing would be so much more comfortable IMO. Hopefully this will be realised very soon.

Me too.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
AIUI, this requires some pretty extensive coding work and I believe we are going to have to wait for this to happen.

Mike is well aware of the requests that have been made for this feature and I'm sure it will eventually happen. We just need to be patient.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I did some research on this over the last couple days and it's definitely going to be challenging to write out annotations. When it comes to modifying existing annotations in PDFs, I probably will only be able to support moving or deleting them. Some of the annotation options I support may also be an issue. I'm currently struggling to find a good way to handle stamps - these may be the biggest hurdle. As far as text goes, I'm hoping I can support the majority of the options I currently offer, but some things like having a border or a fill color will result in multiple annotations being written out (a rectangle, highlight and then text). Freeform drawings and highlights will be the easiest to support, and there should be no issues with these.

Mike
Of course, the more editable the better. But I think it would be even a big step forward and maybe not that challenging if there's just an additional option to save the song (or a selection of pages) with all its annotations as pdf. Further editing of the annotations once again would have to be done the usual way.
Yes. We can use MSF export if we want the annotations to stay as MSP objects. Exporting to PDF may 'flatten' all annotations into the PDF, making them unmutable.

Personally, I almost exclusively use highlights and freehand drawings, so an initial attempt at exporting just these would already be highly appreciated.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).