• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter buttons not working..
Since the last few updates (not sure exactly since when, only noticed it a few days ago with 1.1.3), the filter buttons have stopped responding..
The main search button still produces a selectable list, as usual, but the other buttons (collections, diff, genres, etc.) don't work at all. If I try to select them, the small arrow symbol turns blue, but the dropdown list doesn't appear... Seeing this behavior on both my Nexus 7 and my Note 12.
I don't seem to have this problem on any of my tablets. If you completely exit out of the application, load it, then tap on the filters on the main library screen, nothing works?

Thanks,
Mike
I'm getting exactly the same problem. Touching the filter button just turns the arrow blue.

I tried exiting and re-loading and it was still the same. I then tried killing MSPro completely and re-loading and that seems to have fixed it. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Andy
I was able to reproduce this by holding my touch on the filter selection a long time. It was random for awhile then as I kept repeating the long presses [several seconds] it finally caused the search to lock up in this error. Exiting the program and restarting it didn't fix it. I restarted the device [p900] and it returned to working ok.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I was able to get this to occur once, and have been unable to get it to occur again. Unfortunately, I did not get enough information the first time around to know what the source of the problem was. I know that the code gets to the point where it tries to show the dialog, but the Android libraries throw some kind of error under the covers. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it again so I can get more information.

Thanks,
Mike
For me, the bug seems to happen upon exiting the app...

I'm seeing the following behaviour on both my devices (Nexus 7 and Samsung Note 12) (now on 1.1.5, but has been like this at least since 1.1.3):

Everything works as expected, the filter menus appear when I select the filter buttons. I close the app (using my device's back-button, and answering yes to the exit prompt). When I start the app again, the filter menus are gone.

I exit the app, and then kill it using the device manager. Now when I start the app again, the menus are back.

Tested this many times on both my devices today, same behaviour every time.
(05-30-2015, 07:32 AM)Steinway Wrote: For me, the bug seems to happen upon exiting the app...

I'm seeing the following behaviour on both my devices (Nexus 7 and Samsung Note 12) (now on 1.1.5, but has been like this at least since 1.1.3):

Everything works as expected, the filter menus appear when I select the filter buttons. I close the app (using my device's back-button, and answering yes to the exit prompt). When I start the app again, the filter menus are gone.

I exit the app, and then kill it using the device manager. Now when I start the app again, the menus are back.

Tested this many times on both my devices today, same behaviour every time.

Confirmed - exactly the same here.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks for the help guys - I've located the problem now. This is a problem I recently introduced - however it uncovered a bug with how I was incorrectly handling the application restart before. I was storing references to things that were destroyed when the application was exited, which caused the filter controls to be unable to generate dialogs.

Mike
My Samsung 10.1 acts exactly as Steinway describes. If I exit MobilSheetsPro and start up again the filter buttons may work again, but not allways. After a complete reboot of the hole device it allways work, for a while. I am looking forward to have this abug fixed.
(05-30-2015, 09:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This is a problem I recently introduced

Oh, the joys of coding Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I'm just trying to fix some of the other issues before I push out the update. If I can't get them fixed by tonight, I will go ahead and just release it.

kp2 - you can force kill MobileSheetsPro and restart it to fix the bug without needing to reboot your tablet. Just hit the recent apps button and swipe MS Pro off the list. Then you can restart it cleanly.