• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort title?
I have title format set to %TITLE% and unchecked "use formatted title for sorting". Yet MSPro seems to use the sorttitle to override title for all purposes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Sort title overrides title for sorting purposes. The formatted title refers to the fields you want included in the displayed song title. The two settings are independent of each other.
So why does the song list show the sort title then?
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
The custom sort title replaces the title for the purposes of the library screen. This is to ensure the item is placed where you want it to be in the list. I thought it made more sense to display the song based upon the sorted title versus displaying the normal title but placing the song in the location where the sort title would put it, as it might otherwise be a little confusing (and the logic would get even messier than it already is for processing the sorting/alphabet list). The normal title is still used for the overlay and setlist window. If this is not intuitive to people, or people think it would be better to not display the custom sort title (but still use it for sorting purposes), I'm amenable to that.
I would like to see two entries for a song on the "Songs" tab, one for "title", one for "sort title". In setlists there should definetely show up only one.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I would like to see two entries for a song on the "Songs" tab, one for "title", one for "sort title". In setlists there should definetely show up only one.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(06-05-2015, 06:19 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The custom sort title replaces the title for the purposes of the library screen.  This is to ensure the item is placed where you want it to be in the list. I thought it made more sense to display the song based upon the sorted title versus displaying the normal title but placing the song in the location where the sort title would put it, as it might otherwise be a little confusing (and the logic would get even messier than it already is for processing the sorting/alphabet list).  The normal title is still used for the overlay and setlist window. If this is not intuitive to people, or people think it would be better to not display the custom sort title (but still use it for sorting purposes), I'm amenable to that.

Wouldn't adding an title format field %SORTTITLE% solve this?
Johan
I must admit I haven't used this feature, but I had assumed the sort title would be "hidden" and only the song title shown. A bit like ignoring The and A. I had imagined using it a bit like sorting on last then first name, but displaying first then last.

I think as Johan says, having a %SORTTITLE% format field would solve the problem for most.

Andy
I'm starting to think it used to work like that and I broke it somewhere along the way when dealing with the new sorting options. I think I'll change the behavior to go back to that, but I can also add support for %SORTTITLE%.

I can't really support showing the same song multiple times on the songs tab if the custom sort title is present. It would not play nicely with my architecture/design.