• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Youtube/spotify
I have just installed this app, and think it is very good. I have compared it to fakebook and find that this better suits my needs, but one thing I liked in fakeboook was that you could link a song from youtube or spotify instead of having to fill up your device with a bunch of mp3 files. Is that somehow possible in mobilesheets too?
No - not possible.

Whether Mike (the software's author) is considering doing something like this, only he can tell you. I don't recall anyone else asking for this feature.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(06-12-2015, 01:16 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: No - not possible.

Whether Mike (the software's author) is considering doing something like this, only he can tell you.  I don't recall anyone else asking for this feature.

Ok thanx for the answer. As I understand it, it's not possible either to keep your sheetmusic in dropbox? You actually have to download all of it to your tablet?
(06-12-2015, 05:02 AM)Lanalang Wrote: As I understand it, it's not possible either to keep your sheetmusic in dropbox? You actually have to download all of it to your tablet?

There's nothing to stop you keeping your music in Dropbox, but why?

If you do that, then there is no advantage in having MS and you would not benefit from all the advantages it offers.

Fakebook requires you to download all the music as well - quite honestly, I'm not sure what you are looking for or what advantages using Dropbox as the source is supposed to confer?
Graeme

Some of my music here
Well if I could keep my sheets in dropbox and view them in mobilesheets, I wouldn't fill up my tablets free space, and still be able to access my music with all the functionality of mobilesheets
(06-12-2015, 06:40 AM)Lanalang Wrote: Well if I could keep my sheets in dropbox and view them in mobilesheets, I wouldn't fill up my tablets free space, and still be able to access my music with all the functionality of mobilesheets

I use Dropbox a lot but, once the files are in MS, I delete them from Dropbox.

If you keep everything in Dropbox, then you are still filling up your memory. To keep the functionality of MS means moving the files into MS anyway, effectively doubling your storage requirements, You might just as well keep the files in MS.

If you only access your Dropbox via wifi, you are relying on 'net access wherever you might be (and plenty of venues wouldn't have it).

Storage requirements for MS are pretty low and you can always used an external SD card if the internal memory is that small.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I am going to look into adding support for linking to youtube videos. I have done the research for this, so I know what's required, but I do have some other higher priority things that have to get addressed first. As far as streaming files off of cloud storage, this is something I envisioned some users wanting, so I added some code to support this in the future, but I think this would require some pretty extensive changes over a good portion of the application. I would still have to copy the file locally, but I would just store it in the temporary application cache directory which gets cleared when you exit the app. In my opinion, I really think most users wouldn't like having to download a bunch of files every time they wanted to open a song or setlist. It would be slow and hardly worth the gain in having more SD card space. MobileSheets is geared towards being able to load any song in the library quickly and without the need for having internet connectivity, and I think this should really be the main focus. Having said that, if enough users are interested in having this capability, I can certainly move forward at some point with supporting it.
(06-13-2015, 07:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: MobileSheets is geared towards being able to load any song in the library quickly and without the need for having internet connectivity, and I think this should really be the main focus.

Exactly!!! There's little point in having to download every time you need a chart .. and what if you are in a location where there is no 'net? Plenty of venues like that around here. If it isn't stored locally, I'm stuffed Wink .

To me, this is a non-issue. If you want to use MS (and why wouldn't you) download the files and store them on the tablet. If you're short of storage, buy a bigger SD card.

As for the music thing, I'm not sure that is so important. I us music files (only for rehearsal purposes, maybe to say 'it's this feel') and I just transfer them to the tablet and link them to the charts, as required.
Graeme

Some of my music here
(06-13-2015, 07:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I am going to look into adding support for linking to youtube videos. I have done the research for this, so I know what's required, but I do have some other higher priority things that have to get addressed first. As far as streaming files off of cloud storage, this is something I envisioned some users wanting, so I added some code to support this in the future, but I think this would require some pretty extensive changes over a good portion of the application. I would still have to copy the file locally, but I would just store it in the temporary application cache directory which gets cleared when you exit the app.  In my opinion, I really think most users wouldn't like having to download a bunch of files every time they wanted to open a song or setlist. It would be slow and hardly worth the gain in having more SD card space. MobileSheets is geared towards being able to load any song in the library quickly and without the need for having internet connectivity, and I think this should really be the main focus. Having said that, if enough users are interested in having this capability, I can certainly move forward at some point with supporting it.

I have been away for some time, and have just now seen your answer. Ok I get that it would slow things down to have to download the songs you use, on the spot, but for me it would be a great thing. I have loads and loads of sheetmusic, and would really fill up my tablets space quickly if I were to keep it all there. I teach in a music school, and need to have access to a lot of sheets during my day, and are only using a fragment of what I have at a time. So it would make sense. Of course I could use external cards, but I would definitly prefer to keep it all in my dropbox.
But great app  Smile