• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Suggestions: Songs Played From Setlists Should Show As Recent
It seems like if I play songs from a set list, the songs do not show up under the "Recent" filter.  Instead, the set list shows up.

I think it would make sense for the songs to show up, even if they had been selected from a set list. (Not sure whether it should show set lists in the "Recent" column.  I would probably just limit it to songs).

Of course, not a biggie. . . .

Jeff
(08-15-2015, 12:29 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It seems like if I play songs from a set list, the songs do not show up under the "Recent" filter.  Instead, the set list shows up.
I hadn't noticed this - seems it only occurs when you 'Load All' a setlist.  Selecting individual charts from within a setlist behaves as you would expect.
That said, I think you're right and it might make more sense if the individual charts showed up in the 'Recent' tab as you cycled through a setlist.
OTOH, I suppose one could also argue that a setlist is, by definition, a set of charts in a specific order and there is little purpose in displaying them again as 'Recent', since the whole point of a setlist is to display and play those charts to completion of the set.
It probably depends on how difficult it might be to implement such a change, before considering if it is really needed.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
If people want all of the songs loaded while paging through a setlist to show up in the recent tab, I can do that. I'd like to hear whether people find it useful to have the setlist also in the recent list as a way of visually seeing which setlists they've recently loaded.
(08-15-2015, 02:25 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 12:29 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It seems like if I play songs from a set list, the songs do not show up under the "Recent" filter.  Instead, the set list shows up.
I hadn't noticed this - seems it only occurs when you 'Load All' a setlist.  Selecting individual charts from within a setlist behaves as you would expect.
That said, I think you're right and it might make more sense if the individual charts showed up in the 'Recent' tab as you cycled through a setlist.
OTOH, I suppose one could also argue that a setlist is, by definition, a set of charts in a specific order and there is little purpose in displaying them again as 'Recent', since the whole point of a setlist is to display and play those charts to completion of the set.
It probably depends on how difficult it might be to implement such a change, before considering if it is really needed.
I don't think this happens when you "load all".  I think that I don't use "load all".

If I am practicing songs from a setlist (not using load all) and then go to Recent, those songs do not show up.

I guess the reason I would prefer the songs to show up, is I know I recently went through a few songs that I want to play around with now (whether through a set list or whatever).  So, I figure the easiest thing would be to go to recent songs.  But, then I noticed it did not include songs loaded from a set list.

Anyway, it's minor point/suggestion.  But, I figured I would mention it (yep, if its difficult to implement, don't bother).
(08-15-2015, 03:55 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I don't think this happens when you "load all".  I think that I don't use "load all".

If I select a setlist and then select a chart from that list, the chart is shown in the 'Recent' tab.  If I select a setlist and then 'Load All' then the setlist name is shown in the 'Recent' tab.

That's on my Samsung.  Not sure if it's the same on the Colorfly, as it's not to hand at this time, but it's the same as far as I remember.
Graeme

Some of my music here
(08-15-2015, 06:48 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 03:55 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I don't think this happens when you "load all".  I think that I don't use "load all".

If I select a setlist and then select a chart from that list, the chart is shown in the 'Recent' tab.  If I select a setlist and then 'Load All' then the setlist name is shown in the 'Recent' tab.

That's on my Samsung.  Not sure if it's the same on the Colorfly, as it's not to hand at this time, but it's the same as far as I remember.

Just tried this on my Asus, and it works the same IF 'Automatically Load Whole Setlist' is NOT selected in the Library settings.

If it IS selected, then the chart name does not show up in the 'Recent' tab when selected from within a setlist.
Oh, maybe I do have it set to load the full set list. I will check.
Mine are both set not to automatically load a whole setlist. I guess this is the root of the behaviour you are seeing.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Yes, sorry, please ignore this post. It works properly "as is".
I've been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that nothing really needs to be changed.

When rehearsing, I would load the setlist containing that number, followed by selecting the chart concerned. This means that chart will then also show under the 'Recent' tab. When actually playing a gig, then I would select the setlist concerned, followed by a 'Load All'. Doing this results in the name of the setlist appearing under the 'Recent' tab. In essence, I think this is exactly the way it should be.

FWIW, I have never really found a practical use for the 'recent' list and usually have it disabled - but others may well find it essential Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here
Agreed.