• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to mobilesheets
Hi all,

I will soon start using mobilesheets and i wanted to ask for some advice.
I want to import large amount of music in various formats and that's fine but i have a question about the handwritten scores. I will need to handwrite some of the scores so i first would like to know which application you recommend me for doing that.
 And second, i want to import those scores to mobilesheets but in the format that enables the transposition to other keys. Do i have to get that score transposed to .txt or some other file that mobilesheets uses? is that even possible? what is the best way to do this?
Thank you in advance.
It depends very much on what you call "score".
The only music data that MobileSheets can transpose is text (ChordPro) format. That means lyrics + chords.
Writing lyrics + chords can be done with any convenient text editor. My personal favourite is GNU Emacs with Chord mode.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(08-29-2015, 06:17 AM)sciurius Wrote: It depends very much on what you call "score".
The only music data that MobileSheets can transpose is text (ChordPro) format. That means lyrics + chords.
Writing lyrics + chords can be done with any convenient text editor. My personal favourite is GNU Emacs with Chord mode.

Thanks. Actually i wanted to write simple musicsheets on my tablet manually, one system (i dont' know how to say it in english) or two systems max. for piano.
Is there any application that you are using for writing notes?
I don't make scores on the tablet. I use LilyPond and FrescoBaldi for making scores on a (linux) PC.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Musescore might be what you are looking for. It's a professional notation program for windows and linux and a viewer app for android exists. To import scores into Mobile Sheets you have to create PDF files, one for every key that you need.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thank you all for your answers.

Has anyone ever tried this out or something similar? https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n.notateme

It's an extremely expensive app i guess but the handwriting recognition is cool. I really need to use the tablet in this case. Anyone ever tried doing simple scores on a tablet?
I use NotateMe occasionally. You need a good tablet , 10" or larger. Works best with a stylus.
I don't think it is expensive, given what we spend on our musical equipment.
There's a free version (NotateMe Now) to experiment with.
Johan
This just came out. I use the pc version and this works almost the same.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dit.TEFpad
http://tabledit.com/ios/helptpa_e.shtml
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Looks very impressive, but it shares a major drawback with most music editors: it forces the user to operate in a specific context, e.g., adding notes of a specific duration. When you want to enter a melody, you frequently need to switch the context (e.g., select another note duration) and this interrupts the flow of the melody in your head.
With a tool like NotateMe, you write what you want to write.
Johan