• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs are not showing up in Companion
(10-24-2015, 01:48 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Jeff, browsing through the code, I did find one way that it would be possible for the song list to be empty.  Do me a favor, delete the MobileSheetsCompanion directory under %APPDATA%. Then load up the application again and see if a "columns.xml" is created. If not, the companion app is unable to create configuration files in that directory for some reason.  It may be worth trying to run with admin privileges if you aren't currently. Let me know if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Mike

I do not know what you mean when you say:  "delete the MobileSheetsCompanion directory under %APPDATA%. "

Please explain.

I could not find that.  It was not in the same folder with the mobilesheets app Where would I find that?  Maybe I am not looking for it where I should (I am not that computer knowledgeable)

I also tried using the "search" function in Windows XP and it did not show up.

Incidentally, looking in the program folder, I found a file with this names:  regid.2011-11.com.zubersoft_38354306-B282-4251-9F36-987DD824FAEE.swidtag
Under properties it says "unknown application".  It looked a little different to me, so I figured I'd mention it to you.

Jeff
I found the "applications folder" and deleted the files relating to Mobilesheets Companion and reinstalled (and updated) MS Companion.

No change.

still bummin. . .
Jeff,

if you run MobileSheetsPro and then go and look in that application folder, do you see a file called listcolumns.xml? Can you do me a favor - install MobileSheetsFree, add a song, and then connect to the companion app and see if that song shows up. I want to isolate whether this is a problem with something in your library or something to do with the configuration of your machine.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-25-2015, 06:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Jeff,

if you run MobileSheetsPro and then go and look in that application folder, do you see a file called listcolumns.xml?  Can you do me a favor - install MobileSheetsFree, add a song, and then connect to the companion app and see if that song shows up. I want to isolate whether this is a problem with something in your library or something to do with the configuration of your machine.

Thanks,
Mike

Mobilesheets Free worked fine with the associated Companion.

In addition, the program had been working perfectly just before the update.
And then, after I was able to get MS Free to work with the Companion, I tried MS pro again to see if I could find listcolumns.xml. . .

AND IT WORKED!

I tried my back up tablets, and now that worked too!

Did you update anything? Did somehow running MS free clear the defaults out?

I have no idea, but it seems to working fine now.

Go figure? [I'm curious if you have a theory.]

Thank you for helping to figure this out.

Jeff