• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
small page scrolling bug
I think I found a small bug in the page scrolling.

I sorted the pages of a song and cropped them because of repeats and codas.
I used vertical scroll to view. The pages were so cropped you could see parts of 3 pages on the screen.

When I was at the end of the song I noticed i couldn't scroll back by tapping on the left side of the screen. Only when I "pulled" the song a bit back it worked again but never in the end position of the song.

Probably special conditions with the cropping and vertical scroll. Maybe you can reproduce and fix it.
I have seen this problem too. It used to be a lot worse and Mike has done a lot to improve things, but there are still occasions where it goes wrong. I'm sure it is very dependent on the size of display, the size of the pages and what crop is being used. I'm pretty sure I have a three page song similar to what you describe that I can easily make go wrong if someone needs an example.

Andy
I tried it again after reading the new changelog. But it still persists in the new version.
I can also make it go wrong in 1.3.1

I have a song that has 3 PDF files each a single page. The first is about a third of the height of my display, the second two thirds and the third another third. So initially the first two pages fill the display. If I touch the right to scroll, the pages scroll up so the second page is at the top and the second and third page fill the display. If at this point I touch the left edge it scrolls back, but if instead I touch the right I get an "End of song" message and now touching the left does nothing.

I suspect it is scrolling back to put the second page at the top, but it is already there and may a rounding error means it thinks it hasn't quite got there, so it never moves on. If I slide the music down slightly, scrolling them works.

I have the top centre touch point set to return to the start. This works, so that is what I use as a workaround.

Regards

Andy
Any chance you can export the setlist as a .msf and send it to me for testing? It's always a lot easier to reproduce when I'm using a setlist that is known to exhibit the problem.

Thanks,
Mike
For me it's a single song, not a setlist. I message you a dropbox link to the msf.
(01-05-2016, 06:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Any chance you can export the setlist as a .msf and send it to me for testing? It's always a lot easier to reproduce when I'm using a setlist that is known to exhibit the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

It's a single song, not a setlist. I've attached the msf in a zip. I'm using a galaxy tab S, which I think has a 16x10 display.

HTH

Andy

Attached Files
.zip   Noah s Polka Clarinet in Bb.zip (Size: 180.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
I've just found another issue related to this. I have the top centre programmed to return to the start of the song. With a two page song (attached), I touch the right and it scrolls to the end. If I now touch the top centre it goes back to the start. If instead I touch the left, it scrolls back part of a page, which is OK. It then has most of the first page showing and part of the second. If I now touch the top centre nothing happens. It does not go back to the start of the song. Doesn't sound right to me.

Regards

Andy

Attached Files
.zip   It Had Better Be Tonight Clarinet in Bb.zip (Size: 90.2 KB / Downloads: 2)
I'll look into both issues ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike
I have a fix in place for both issues.

Thanks,
Mike
I can confirm that in my 'Problem Song' the back scrolling now works. Good job.

Small leftover: it doesn't scroll back immediately but only after a second tap.
BRX,

If you look at the page number at the end of the song, it might say something like "3/3". If you hit to go back a page, but the page is fully shown, it will go back to "2/3" but it will seem like nothing happened. If you tap again, it will go to 1/3. I didn't want to skip pages, but if people believe it would be better for it to behave that way, I can certainly do it.

Thanks,
Mike
It's weird. I don't have the page count shown in my normal display mode. Here it behaves as mentioned (back scroll only after the second tap).

If I switch to the overlay to see the page count, it's as it was before. Back scrolling doesn't work with tapping and the page count sticks to the last page (in this case 5/5, did you get the file from the dropbox?).

I also think it isn't logical to delay the back scroll to a second tap. Which pages could be skipped? Why would I tap for a back scroll if I didn't want the page in the way it was displayed before (oh wait, you mean probably for editing, but than you see the page count and the individual page and can easily move to the next page if you want to edit that. I prefer to have correct back scrolling in display mode)?
It definitely seems odd. Using the noah's Polka I attached earlier. If I tap on the right it scrolls to the end. If I then tap on the left nothing happens. I have to tap a second time to make it scroll back. That doesn't seem right to me.

Andy
I've changed the behavior for the next update so that it will advance two pages if necessary (so that it doesn't appear like nothing is happening).

Thanks,
Mike