• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setlist: ability to define and display sets
(01-23-2016, 01:33 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I would think just a colored bar that could be added between songs would do it?  Maybe the ability to write "Set 1" Set 2" etc. on top.

But, I have no idea how complicated that would be to accomplish.

Jeff

Yes, that's what I'm referring to: something to display between songs. I'll let  Mike decide how/where to do it, I would thing something that looks like a song separator is the easiest.
(01-23-2016, 02:02 AM)oz1 Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 01:33 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I would think just a colored bar that could be added between songs would do it?  Maybe the ability to write "Set 1" Set 2" etc. on top.

But, I have no idea how complicated that would be to accomplish.

Jeff

Yes, that's what I'm referring to: something to display between songs. I'll let  Mike decide how/where to do it, I would thing something that looks like a song separator is the easiest.

Thus is just a case of re-lnventing the wheel - simply use a placeholder and name it "Set One" or whatever.  There really is no need for Mike to change/add anything.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Okay with me. I have not used placeholder before. But, I will give it a shot.
The one benefit to adding support for separators as visual indicators only is that you don't have to clutter your library with placeholder songs, which I'm sure some people would appreciate. I think it's a worthwhile enhancement when time allows for it, but it's good that there is currently a workaround with placeholders.

Mike
Just like oz1 I have a collection "tabs" that contains a number of single-page PDFs for Set 1, Set 2, etc. Hardly a nuisance.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(01-23-2016, 07:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The one benefit to adding support for separators as visual indicators only is that you don't have to clutter your library with placeholder songs, which I'm sure some people would appreciate. 

Mike
How many of these placeholders would you think most users will want?

I work with different bands and (more importantly) with different singers. Even so, I only have about 15 placeholders, since many of them are applicable to more than one combination (e.g. Set One, Set Two, etc., get used for virtually every setlist).  That's a very small percentage of the total number of charts (some 2,000) and I keep them all as a collection, which allows quick and easy access. 

I think there are more important things for you to work on at this time.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here