• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Sign Of Windows 10 version
Hi

I just want to add my name to someone who is desperately waiting for the Win 10 version.  I have been a longtime user of Mobile Sheets but always found the screen size 9.7in on my Samsung tablet very limiting. I was keen to update to a 12in screen and to my surprise Samsung 12in no longer do Android, so basically I was forced to go to Win 10. It would appear that 12in android systems are a dying breed. I am experimenting with Android emulation (separate thread) but find it is not the same 

Mike, how close is the Win 10 version? 

Paul
From a code completion standpoint, I believe I'm somewhere around 60-70% percent done. There's a lot of testing that will need to be done though. In the next couple weeks I should be able to post screenshots of the application so people can see what it looks like. I have tried to make it as similar to the Android version as possible in terms of the UI layouts so that people can easily switch from the Android version to Windows. I think the biggest task I have left is the annotations editor.

Mike
(09-06-2016, 02:19 PM)Harcon Wrote: I was keen to update to a 12in screen and to my surprise Samsung 12in no longer do Android, so basically I was forced to go to Win 10. It would appear that 12in android systems are a dying breed...

I was surprised to read this, but it does seem to be the case.

How about the Galaxy View -  18.4" screen and with Android OS.  Still cheaper than a Surface Pro and bigger screen!
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(09-06-2016, 05:55 PM)Zuberman Wrote: From a code completion standpoint, I believe I'm somewhere around 60-70% percent done.  There's a lot of testing that will need to be done though.  In the next couple weeks I should be able to post screenshots of the application so people can see what it looks like. I have tried to make it as similar to the Android version as possible in terms of the UI layouts so that people can easily switch from the Android version to Windows.   I think the biggest task I have left is the annotations editor.

Mike

Any chance you'll be able to incorporate the Surface Book (or Pro? I don't own one so I don't know) stylus? The tablet detects the difference between the pen part of the stylus, the erase part (on the rear), and the finger, so you don't need to go into annotation mode. I'm afraid I haven't really explained it well. There's an app called Drawboard PDF that comes bundled with the Surface Book that provides this, but as a longtime user of your app I very much would like to continue using yours.
That will certainly be something I will try to add, but it won't be included in the initial release. I'm trying to get something out sooner rather than later, and the fastest way to do that is to copy the Android implementation, as that way I know certain things will work. Once the Windows 10 version is released and stable, I can start to work on enhancements.
Good to hear the progress, and it's good to know transferring over shouldn't be too hard!
Surface Pro 4 | MS Windows 10
I am also very interested.  I use the Android Pro version, and would like to head towards a Windows tablet/notebook ....

Thanks.  Great product.
I would like to add my support for a windows 10 version of MS. I have been using MS on a Surface Book with Amiduos.
Works fine but will greatly appreciate a dedicated version for windows 10 when it becomes available.
Great program, recommended to everyone as a great program.
regards,
Kevin Olsen
I have a Surface Book as well as a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, which I bought just to run MobileSheet Pro. I like to use my Surface Book as a backup since the Android device is much better for battery life and also much cheaper to replace if I break it during gigs or on the road. I just want to say that for the past several months, I can no longer run DuOS on my Surface Book, since it won't run with Hyper-V. I do have Hyper-V disabled in Windows but DuOS thinks it is still on and so trying to run DuOS will instantly crash my PC. DuOS says this is a known Microsoft issue in Windows 10, because the api is telling DuOS that Hyper-V is still enabled even when it is not. Regardless, I can no longer use DuOS and this makes a Windows 10 version of MobileSheets even more compelling. In the meantime, I am using Drawboard PDF as my backup. I export pdf files from MobileSheets on my Android device and then access the library of files from Drawboard.
Just want to share Mike's post from another thread that's connected with Windows 10 version in case you don't follow whole forum:

"My focus for awhile now has been on finishing the Windows 10 version. My tentative goal is to finish it by next month so that I can have a beta for about a month and release it (hopefully) before the end of the year (...)"

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Please let us know when you are desperate for WIN-10 Beta Testers :-)
(10-23-2016, 03:58 AM)NeoCZ Wrote: Just want to share Mike's post from another thread that's connected with Windows 10 version in case you don't follow whole forum:

"My focus for awhile now has been on finishing the Windows 10 version. My tentative goal is to finish it by next month so that I can have a beta for about a month and release it (hopefully) before the end of the year (...)"

I'm extremely happy to hear this! I've been using DuOS for over a year now, and cannot wait to try the beta. Sign me up!
Mike, do you have any news regarding Win10 version, maybe an updated ETA of beta version?

I finished the annotations implementation (which was a pain in the neck to make sure everything looked the same when importing a backup from Android) and all of the major pages are implemented. I still have to finish the synchronization with the companion application. I'm currently working through a laundry list of tasks that need to get finished before the beta is ready. I do need to finish testing my metronome implementation, so hopefully I don't encounter any major issues there.

I'm going to do everything I can to get the beta finished this month, preferably before Thanksgiving.
Thanks for the update, hope everything will go smooth, can't wait to try it and get rid of DuOS ;-)