• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action button in library screen
Couldn't come up with a better title so here's what I mean:

I don't have many mp3s associated to the sheets (yet) so I just now noticed there's a little note symbol at the end of the library screen line.

I half expected MSP to play the mp3 when I touched that symbol, but it's just that I guess.

I think it would be neat if the audioplayer would start the mp3 from a press of the symbol (like an action button) if this conforms to your design and code, Mike.

In a similar vain I'd think it could be useful to display (all) metadata/info of a song more easily from the library screen (not only the data chosen in the format of the title/subtitle). Would also help to unclutter the song titles a bit if one wishes so.

I was thinking of a similar "information screen" as the notes window at the start of a song I discussed in the other thread, maybe with a short press at the line of a song of the library screen (and going further maybe invoke the edit screen with a long press).

(Consider this just as some thoughts on better usability and accessibilty but not as pressing feature wishes :-))
For bigger cleanup activities I often change the song title format temporarily. Copying a line of text with the song title format to/from the song title settings window works fine, so it's possible to keep various song title formats in a text file.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Yes, I thought of that myself, too, thanks, but it's still a bit tedious to work with copy and paste and text files under Android, isn't it?
If Mike considers it a valuable improvement I'd prefer it to a workarounds.
(04-12-2016, 08:19 PM)BRX Wrote: I half expected MSP to play the mp3 when I touched that symbol, but it's just that I guess.

I think it would be neat if the audioplayer would start the mp3 from a press of the symbol (like an action button) if this conforms to your design and code, Mike.

The little note symbol merely indicates there is one or more audio files associated with that chart.

I'm not sure your idea has much merit.  MSP is designed as a sheet music reader, not an MP3 payer.  I can think of few reasons why you would want to play the audio without seeing the chart and even then, if you just wanted to listen to something, is it so bad the chart is displayed at the same time?  

It is possible to set up MSP so that the associated music file is automatically played when you open the chart.  I would have thought that was enough, without adding yet more code.

Following the KISS principle, I'm not sure I really understand your reasoning behind your other idea concerning the display of all the meta data?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(04-12-2016, 09:18 PM)BRX Wrote: Yes, I thought of that myself, too, thanks, but it's still a bit tedious to work with copy and paste and text files under Android, isn't it?
If Mike considers it a valuable improvement I'd prefer it to a workarounds.

I use the text editor "Jota" under Android and copy/paste works good enough. With the integrated MSP text editor it might work even better.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(04-12-2016, 08:19 PM)BRX Wrote: I half expected MSP to play the mp3 when I touched that symbol, but it's just that I guess.

That's how it works for me. Touch the song line anywhere and the song displays. Touch the song line at the music symbol the song displays and the player starts.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).