• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase Link Limit
Link points can sit on top of the score and are partially transparent, so they won't stop the user from being able to see the page. If I have an icon with a number in it, it's very possible that it would be very difficult to see the number if it's sitting on top of the score, and it could also interfere with seeing the page underneath it. So I don't think that would work very well.

Mike
Just want to bump this issue - i hit that limit today again with a baroque opera (Händel "Jephta"), 300 pages, various da capo arias and several alternative parts in the appendix. As it is overly long, the conductor decided to cut some repeats, jump over parts and use some of the alternative parts.
While i do understand that there are use cases where the color of the link is important, for my use case re-using the colors every ten links would be infinitely better than just being denied the placement of the 11th link entirely.
(My workaround would be to split the PDF into several pieces, not requiring more than 10 links per piece. But this is rather heavy price for an arbitrary limit imposed by the "available colors"...)

Having "unlimited" (within reason Blush ) links with colors modulo 10 would not change much for everyone content with the present behaviour, and would improve the usability a lot for me at least.

Christof
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
Wow I never would imagine the limit would be an issue but I can see now how one could hit the ceiling.
If being able to automatically distinguish multiple links on the same page is important, maybe the link "button" could render as a translucent colored letter/number instead of the current translucent filled circle. Or both: a translucend circle with a outlined letter/number inside. This could also improve the UX to select the links in the correct order. (Right now you have to remember which color to press first, then second, ...)  If I need to distinguish links on the same page, i usually write a hint at the designated place of the link, and then place the link on top of that text.

Splitting the PDF to have more than ten links didn't work out well, as the links can only be within the same piece. So in my case i ended up noting down instructions "back 2 pages" and turn the pages manually for some repeats and save the links for the longer jumps. But this felt more complicated than it should.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
Is there a way to manually override the link colours? I've only recently started using them and I've already been using blue to denote something else (mutes). For the limit, could the shape of the link change, from a circle to a square, for example, and so on?
At the moment, no, there aren't many configuration options for link points. This is certainly something I would like to address in the future once I have time. I would recommend placing a dummy link point somewhere (possible on the last page out of the way, and then you can just use the second link point which will be red). 

Mike
(04-28-2023, 08:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, no, there aren't many configuration options for link points. This is certainly something I would like to address in the future once I have time. I would recommend placing a dummy link point somewhere (possible on the last page out of the way, and then you can just use the second link point which will be red). 

Mike

Thanks, I suppose I can reduce the circle size until it's barely noticeable too.