• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extract Backup - songs shift to wrong file
I am trying to back up my library on my PC, so I connect and create a backup. Now I want to view all the files on my PC, so I select that backup and extract it. Problem is, during the extraction, several songs give me an error during the extraction and afterwards if I browse through the files, at some point in the alphabet (depends on which backup I use), all of my songs are mistitled, shifted up one place in the library. 

For example, my file titled "Hungry" is actually "Hymn to the Fallen" when I open it.

.PNG files all appear to be damaged as well, and a few pdfs will not open.

The majority of my files are snippets of larger books, and there are just empty directories for all of those songs. If there was a way to skip those files, that would also help.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
That definitely sounds like a bug in the companion application. I may need to get my hands on that backup file to reproduce the issue. Email me at mike@zubersoft.com if you'd be willing to upload the file so I can test with it, otherwise I'll have to see if I have any luck with the test files I have.
It may be worth mentioning that I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.
AirTurn PED
Thanks to the backup you sent me, I found a major flaw in my processing of backup files in the extraction dialog. Once I fixed this, I was able to successfully extract everything from your backup file without issue. I also no longer create empty folders. I'll include this fix in the next companion update.

Thanks,
Mike
Awesome! And that was fast too! Looking forward to the next update.
AirTurn PED
I know I'm late to reply, but your update works flawlessly! Thanks!
AirTurn PED