• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copy and paste possible???
Hello,
is it possible to cut out parts of the page and reinsert it at the end or elsewhere on the same page?
For example, I trim a page, then would like to insert the Da Capo into the free space.
I hope it is understandable because with google translator from German.
greeting Dirk
Not the way you are thinking. But you can achieve something similar by duplicating the needed pages in the page order, crop away the unwanted parts and view it in vertical mode.

Example: You have 4 pages and a da capo with a fine on page 2 you write 1-4,1-2
You can crop away all the parts you don't need, for instance after the fine.

Same procedure for segnos, codas and other repeats.
I may add a destructive copy/paste feature in the future where you can copy parts of the page and paste them over other parts. Doing this in a non-destructive way (meaning the original file isn't modified) becomes too complex as I would either need to store image clips in the database or as separate files. If I just modify the file itself, this feature becomes much more simple in nature. The modification wouldn't become permanent until the annotations are saved though, otherwise it would be too difficult to fix mistakes.
When that is available I would make a copy of the original, modify the copy then decide if I wanted to keep the original and/or the copy. It may be helpful to be able to make a [the] copy on the same screen as the cut/paste procedure.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
In the past i did it in the way like BRX postet.
I use an airturn ped and the half side Modus by turning the page. If I crop away all things I don´t Need, I get parts of empty pages by turning the page...
Thats why I want to paste the part into the side
(10-31-2016, 06:47 AM)BRX Wrote: Not the way you are thinking. But you can achieve something similar by duplicating the needed pages in the page order, crop away the unwanted parts and view it in vertical mode.

Example: You have 4 pages and a da capo with a fine on page 2 you write 1-4,1-2
You can crop away all the parts you don't need, for instance after the fine.

Same procedure for segnos, codas and other repeats.

This is how I do it.
It maintains the original file, in case I need to go back and revise my work.
Occasionally, I have a 'page' that is only two lines, which creates issues of it's own when scrolling a percentage of a page.
By and large, it serves my needs.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Thanks every one got it done.  You guys are great.  Moving right along with the jobs.
(10-31-2016, 08:10 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I may add a destructive copy/paste feature in the future where you can copy parts of the page and paste them over other parts.  

Any news about that?

The described workaround kind of works, but it's a little bit tedious and time consuming process, not very useful when you are (for example) in a rehearsal and need to make fast modifications of your PDF on the fly.

A faster, more intuitive copy & paste method would be just great.

Thanks!
It's being added with the annotation rework which I will be working on after the library synchronization features are finished.

Mike
That's great, thanks again
(03-06-2018, 02:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's being added with the annotation rework which I will be working on after the library synchronization features are finished.

Mike

Is there an update on this again? I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. It would be so dang helpful.
It's still in progress, but I've been slowed down by needing to deal with bug reports and assisting users with problems.

Mike
(07-09-2019, 05:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's still in progress, but I've been slowed down by needing to deal with bug reports and assisting users with problems.

Mike

I'm sure! 

Well thanks for getting back to me, I'm a new user to this software and think it's great.
Hi.  I'm just curious if any progress has been made on this cut and paste feature?  I'm still not seeing it in the latest version (maybe I'm not looking in the right place).

Thanks!
Yes, the snipping tool was added with the annotations rework in version 3.0.0 (the latest is now version 3.3.1). This only works with PDFs, but you can copy part of a page and paste it elsewhere. The pasted image will get saved to the PDF itself.

Mike