• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys not changing to flats
I suppose it is just a personal preference, but I like to show keys in flats, instead of sharps. I was having to transpose a song this morning and was unable to display the flats. In other words, the key should have been Db and it insisted on showing C#. Even choosing flats in the transpose screen didn't take effect.
Although not a great concern to me - I'm not a great fan of Chordpro - I do agree that I would rather see flats than sharps for most things.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I run into this occasionally. Isn't the flats/sharps toggle supposed to control this?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(10-31-2016, 07:15 PM)sciurius Wrote: I run into this occasionally. Isn't the flats/sharps toggle supposed to control this?

It used to do exactly that. But it didn't work for me on multiple songs yesterday.
We had lengthy discussions about this feature and I was involved in many of them. Nevertheless it confused me again a while ago, so that I had to think about and search the forum how it is intended to work. This is what I found:
The "b" / "#" buttons only modify the base key when transposing is applied. When "b" is selected, transposing a semi-tone up from the key of C the result is Db, when "#" is selected it is C#.
The buttons  do NOT influence the accidentals of individual chords within the song. Those are only depending on the base key: in "#"-keys like G, D, ... / Em, Bm ... the chords are displayed with #s, in "b"-keys like F, Bb, ... or Dm, Gm, ... the chords are displayed with bs.
For the key of C the decision was to use #s.
That's how it should work. Not perfect in some special cases, but usable.

When verifying my sentences above I noticed a small bug:
Slash chords like C/G are transposed correctly, including the bass tone after the slash. This is not the case if "0" is used instead of "dim" e.g. C0/F#. It seems that "0" is not regarded as part of a regular chord so that it interrupts chord detection and the following bass note is not transposed.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Let me say this. The buttons used to change the flats to sharps and vice versa. It is no longer working for me.
(11-02-2016, 10:14 PM)itsme Wrote: The buttons  do NOT influence the accidentals of individual chords within the song.

I cannot see a reason why not. When you have a key with an accidental (e.g. Db or C#) it works like this. Why not also when there is no accidental?
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
If you can send me a file that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it right away.
(11-03-2016, 02:54 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you can send me a file that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it right away.

I assume this is aimed at LD Jackson?
Johan
I am at work now , but I will send you a file when I get home .
How do you want me to send the file to yours?
You can just email it to mike@zubersoft.com.
(11-03-2016, 12:32 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You can just email it to mike@zubersoft.com.

Check your email. You should have one chordpro file waiting for you.
I did receive the file, thanks for sending it. I'll look into the problem as soon as I can.
Just responded to your email, but I imported the file (which has a starting key of C), changed the transpose dialog to use flats, and then transposed into Db. Every chord is shown as flat. Am I missing something?