• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[fixed in 1.6.6.0] 1.6.5.0 - Restoring backup and bugs
I've found few bugs related to restoring backup from android version.

1. If I change default MS storage location to C:\Users\Myusername\OneDrive\MobileSheets, none of my backups (5 different files) works and I always get error and only few (about 10) or none files are restored and I get error "The selected backup files is not a valid MobileSheets backup file".

2. If MS storage locations is default (...\AppData\Local\...) backup is restored succesfully but without any settings. I've tried all backup files and it doesn't seems it related to bad backup files, every files gets restored without settings.

I can provide all backup files, if you need them Mike, no problem.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I can confirm, settings are not restored from backup file
I can't restore from google drive: "Invalid file selected. Only valid.... msb extension allowed"

If I donload the msb and restore using the local file picker, it works, but I get the same error after the restore.

Thanks
I found the problem with settings not being restored - I was using the wrong filename for the main settings file to maintain compatibility between Windows 10 and Android. It all worked correctly after using the right filename.

I'm working on the other issues now.
When you changed the default storage location, did you choose to restore settings from the backup file, or did you uncheck that option?
I've just tried it with box unchecked and it's not working either. I've also tried totally different folder (C:\MSpro\) and it doesn't change anything.

I can briefly see "Updating database" before "The selected..." message appears.

I'm currently fixing issues with changing from one storage location to another. Once I've ironed out all those issues, then I'll be able to get back to figuring out what's going on when restoring to the non-default location. The one test I performed (restoring to the same location you did) seemed to work fine for me, but I've also made a number of fixes now, so it's possible I may have already addressed some of the underlying issues.

Thanks,
Mike
I had an issue where, in a setlist, a song loaded the wrong version. ie I have 2 songs with the same title, if that makes sense
Using Tapatalk
Looks fixed in 1.6.6.0, thanks.

(12-16-2016, 11:44 PM)NeoCZ Wrote: Looks fixed in 1.6.6.0, thanks.

Hi,
I still have the same problems in 1.6.6: can't restore from Google drive (I can select a file, MSP complains that it isn't a valid .msb file)
When I download the file and restore it from the local file picker, it seems to work OK. 

However zapping through setlists still crashes the app. It always crashes at the same point, but the point depends on portrait or landscape (2 pages side by side) mode.
I have done a reset of settings and clear library before the restore. 
Backup of the library has been done on Android in 1.6.5

I can supply files if necessary.

Thanks, 
Frank
There is indeed a problem with restoring from Google Drive. The interface that Google provides doesn't seem to allow for streaming data while downloading. The interface seems to imply it was designed to completely download the file in one shot. I've been working on a custom streaming implementation that will work with their API so I can restore the library without having to write to disk (like the Android version). Unfortunately, I'm running into problems still and can't quite get it to work right. I'm going to keep at it to see if I can figure out. If their API just won't support this, then I'll have to temporarily store the backup file on disk before performing the library restore. It's not optimal, but it may be the only option with Google Drive.

If you can provide a setlist as a .msf file or a backup of your library would be great. Then I could test with the exact same setlist as you.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-17-2016, 05:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: There is indeed a problem with restoring from Google Drive. The interface that Google provides doesn't seem to allow for streaming data while downloading. The interface seems to imply it was designed to completely download the file in one shot.  I've been working on a custom streaming implementation that will work with their API so I can restore the library without having to write to disk (like the Android version). Unfortunately, I'm running into problems still and can't quite get it to work right.  I'm going to keep at it to see if I can figure out.  If their API just won't support this, then I'll have to temporarily store the backup file on disk before performing the library restore. It's not optimal, but it may be the only option with Google Drive.

If you can provide a setlist as a .msf file or a backup of your library would be great. Then I could test with the exact same setlist as you.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,
I was off the grid yesterday, I just PMed you a link to my library, along with a description on how to reproduce, and probably some good hints.

Thanks a lot for your effort and this wonderful piece of software.
I am having problems getting my library copied over from Android to Windows.  Restoring the library yields a failure, e.g.

12:36:29 PM - Unpacking song 9 of 636 - A Piece of the PIe
12:36:30 PM - Updating database…
12:36:30 PM - The restore has failed to complete due to an error:

System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.

'count': Buffer does not have enough space to hold the requested number of bytes.
   at MobileSheets!<BaseAddress>+0x1219b4c
   at MobileSheets!<BaseAddress>+0x1cf7b00
   at MobileSheets!<BaseAddress>+0x1cf79ac
   at MobileSheets!<BaseAddress>+0x1cf7938
   at MobileSheetsPro.BufferedInputStream.BufferAdditionalData(Int32 amountNeeded)
   at MobileSheetsPro.BufferedInputStream.Skip(Int32 length)
   at MobileSheets!<BaseAddress>+0x18fe822

I can provide the database file but it is large.

Sean
Which version are you testing with? 1.6.6?
(12-19-2016, 10:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Which version are you testing with? 1.6.6?

Yes, 1.6.6.