• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[1.6.5] Cosmetics
Some cosmetics

1) The MobileSheets Icon on the Tiles screen (and in Windows Store) looks a bit unfinished.
It also looks rather small.
While other app icons are about the same their tiles look better.
Whether it is the fact that they don't have a grey background or that the app name also appears in the tile, or both I do not know.

2) When using MS in portrait mode, so that the top line of the screen is the options line for the choosen TAB and the second line on the screen is the TAB' line....
When changing TABS, the height of the top options line (blue background) changes twice, causing the rest of the displayed things to jump up and down.

3) under Settings / Display Settings / Fullscreen mode, "Android notification bar" is mentioned :-)
(hope it's okay to add to your list)

4) AFAIK, in Windows 10 it's not common to use tick boxes for settings but toggle buttons seems more common. Don't know how strict are rules about Windows 10 apps but I must say I like tohle toggle buttons more.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
As far as the toggle buttons go, are you talking about the settings screen, other dialogs, or both? One thing I'll have to consider if I make a switch is that most of the time, toggle buttons are not on the same line as the text describing what they control (and Microsoft says they shouldn't be). That means more vertical space is required for toggle buttons. On the settings screen, I could replace the checkboxes with toggle buttons on the right side if you think that would be better.
Original idea was just about settings screen, but it could be used for all switches around the app.

This might be where other users say their opinion if they want the app to use as much Win10 design as it could or they want to keep it closer to Android version. IMHO it should use Win10 design as much as possible but as I've just said, this shouldn't be just my decision.

I'm using ToggleSwitches on the settings screen now, so I'll see what you guys think in the next update. I won't change the rest of the app unless people think it would be better on the various dialogs.
I regenerated all of the icons using a higher quality scaling algorithm and made them a little bigger, so I hope that improves the appearance. I also opted to show the name below the icon with the 150x150 square tile.

I fixed the resizing issue with the bar at the top - I needed to set a larger minimum height.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for using ToggleSwitches, settings screens look better with them. Also bigger tile icon looks great.

I might be there before 1.6.6.0, but now the Touch Action screen doesn't have any back button if you are using fullscreen mode. You need to "activate" title bar of the app to use back button there.

(12-10-2016, 11:14 PM)Rey_a Wrote: Some cosmetics

1) The MobileSheets Icon on the Tiles screen (and in Windows Store) looks a bit unfinished.
It also looks rather small.
While other app icons are about the same their tiles look better.
Whether it is the fact that they don't have a grey background or that the app name also appears in the tile, or both I do not know.

2) When using MS in portrait mode, so that the top line of the screen is the options line for the choosen TAB and the second line on the screen is the TAB' line....
When changing TABS, the height of the top options line (blue background) changes twice, causing the rest of the displayed things to jump up and down.

3) under Settings / Display Settings / Fullscreen mode, "Android notification bar" is mentioned :-)

Alli 3 above items have been solved/adressed in 1.6.6. Thanks!

I Personally love the toggleswitches!!
 Any way of porting them to MSPro (Android) ?   Angel
Unfortunately, that would be somewhat difficult, as on Android I'm taking advantage of Google's UI framework for settings. In order to use ToggleSwitches, I would have to reimplement the whole settings screen. While I could borrow a lot of the work I did on Windows 10, it would still be a significant change, so unless they add significant value on Android, I'd prefer to stick with the current UI. WIth the way it's currently implemented, if Google decides to make changes to the UI, I get those for free.