• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 switch etc USB pedalboard!
Anyone has ever tried this footswitch pedal controller?
It has 4 switches, a bi-mode volume pedal, a tuner, is USB and 149$ (CDN)!
My only concern is that it sends MIDI commands via its updatable software... is that working with MS?

Line 6 FBV Express MKII
If I'm not mistaken MS doesn't respond to incoming MIDI commands other than those set for loading song. Mike said he has plans for better MIDI support and it should include ability to use MIDI commands for deeper control of MS.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Hum ok... I might then turn to some wired usb foot controllers that have 4 switches... AirTurn Quads are very expensive and clumsy to me... or wait for that new MIDI implementation!
But that's too bad, I thought that Pedalboard looked great and promising!
There's also this thing that's compact and seems ok:
KK-3 3 switch pedal

Thanks for the response NeoCZ
I use single USB pedal from Ebay for 3 or 4 years without any problem - just type USB pedal. There is also 3 switch version.

By the way, I used Line6 FBV Express (first version without USB) with my Spider Valve few years ago and it was built like a tank. It might be good to wait for Mike if he can be more specific when this MIDI implementation might happen.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
(01-08-2017, 05:11 PM)NeoCZ Wrote: I use single USB pedal from Ebay for 3 or 4 years without any problem - just type USB pedal. There is also 3 switch version.

By the way, I used Line6 FBV Express (first version without USB) with my Spider Valve few years ago and it was built like a tank. It might be good to wait for Mike if he can be more specific when this MIDI implementation might happen.
Thanks, yeah that 3 switch is interesting for the price but as you suggest, I think I'll wait for more MIDI from Mike and will probably go for the real thing with that FBV...
(01-08-2017, 11:39 AM)domgi Wrote: Hum ok... I might then turn to some wired usb foot controllers that have 4 switches... AirTurn Quads are very expensive and clumsy to me... or wait for that new MIDI implementation!
KK-3 3 switch pedal

That device would probably be great, if it were usable on an Android tablet.

Personally, I am using (several) Bluetooth keyboards as pedal devices. These can be had relatively cheaply. I glue a piece of a rubber stopper to the four keys I want to use, so they are more easily accessible to my toes. I generally play while seated, so I'm not sure if my setup would be easy enough to use while standing...definitely better to not have shoes on!
There is a definite issue with the keyboard timing out and becoming unresponsive after a couple of minutes of non-usage, but a couple of taps usually wakes it up again.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
(01-09-2017, 08:32 AM)Steve B. Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 11:39 AM)domgi Wrote: Hum ok... I might then turn to some wired usb foot controllers that have 4 switches... AirTurn Quads are very expensive and clumsy to me... or wait for that new MIDI implementation!
KK-3 3 switch pedal

That device would probably be great, if it were usable on an Android tablet.

Personally, I am using (several) Bluetooth keyboards as pedal devices. These can be had relatively cheaply. I glue a piece of a rubber stopper to the four keys I want to use, so they are more easily accessible to my toes. I generally play while seated, so I'm not sure if my setup would be easy enough to use while standing...definitely better to not have shoes on!
There is a definite issue with the keyboard timing out and becoming unresponsive after a couple of minutes of non-usage, but a couple of taps usually wakes it up again.
Since the Line 6 FBV Express only works in MIDI from the USB, the next interesting device I found was this 3 switch USB pedalboard (up to 12 switch on a single USB connection):
X-keys XK-3 (still about 100$ but looks reliable as a real pro Translator tool))
Or this very cheap one from Amazon/E-Bay and alike:
FS3-P USB (about 30$ but looks made of cheap plastic and ships from China)
But they are not Bluetooth, what only means there will be a cable... but 100% sure they won't fall asleep during work!
I might just buy a second unit of AirTurn PED on a different mode than the other to get my 4 switches on BT from my local music store.
After buying IK Multimedia's Blue Turn and Blue Board I can confirm that it DOES NOT work in Windows... also they are pricy and build with plastic!
I returned them to the store and got a second AirTurn PED... and it works as buttons C-D when in a different mode as the first unit!
I can decide if I use just one for performances or both in rehearsals...