• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets 1.7.0 submitted to the store
Just submitted version 1.7.0 to the store with a huge list of changes. It's mostly bug fixes, as I had to stop new development to work on stability issues, crashes, bugs with annotations, etc. The full list of changes is below.  I'm now going to resume working on the new master/slave tablet feature.
  • Fixed issue with annotations not showing up when cropping is used
  • Fixed issue with cropping not allowing annotations to be drawn in some locations
  • Fixed issues with pinch zooming
  • The order of keys assigned to a song are now saved instead of being alphabetical
  • MobileSheets can now be run without an internet connection if it has previously passed the required license checks
  • Fixed issues with text files not being rendered correctly
  • Fixed issues with the initial text annotation window position
  • Fixed issues with entering group metadata on devices with a virtual keyboard. Selecting an autocomplete dropdown entry now works correctly.
  • The buttons at the bottom of the file browser are no longer hidden by the keyboard
  • When creating a text annotation, keyboard focus is immediately positioned in the text window
  • Fixed crash while entering values for a system exclusive MIDI command
  • When text annotations are resized, immediate feedback is now provided while resizing
  • Fixed issues with the remove buttons not showing up in the group editor with the dark theme or when the sort order isn't manual
  • Fixed issues with exporting/sharing files and writing annotations to file.
  • Fixed issues with the action bar resizing and not properly positioning the items
  • Ratings can now be set by clicking on a star as originally intended. Filtering by rating now works correctly as well.
  • Fixed issue that could cause the toggle filter to not be available in the overflow menu under certain conditions
  • Fixed issue with window resizing not being handled properly
  • Fixed issue with oval shaped circle annotations not displaying correctly
  • Fixed issues with certain pedal actions not handling link points like the Android version
  • Fixed issue with cropping a file that was imported through an "Open With" command in Windows
  • Fixed issue where the quick action box could not be disabled
  • Added a great deal of error handling to prevent crashes
  • Fixed a huge number of reported crashes
Mike
This time it was fast, already updated to latest version.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Hi Mike,

Thanks for this great work!
I can't wait to try the new version!

Dominic
Thanks Mike!

Rating works perfectly now, and the Year tab no longer crashes MS.

The "swap file bug" persists though:
Example1 : a 2 page song gets a new, 3 paged pdf file via swap file. The third page will not be visible in MS.
Example2: a 2 page song gets a new, 1 paged pdf file via swap file. MS tries to display this as a 2 pages song, with the progress wheel turning & turning over the empty right side of the screen (landscape, two pages display mode).
I have no song where pages are set to not be displayed, and I never change the default page order.
Next to "Page Order" in Edit/Files, there is a field "Pages in File:", this doesn´t show a value. Well, it l o o k s as if this was meant to be a field with a value. Further to the right there is the Page slider, below the preview.
Just to verify, you are long pressing a song on the library screen, tapping the overflow menu, going to swap file, selecting a file, and then performing the swap? And then you encounter those problems? I only ask because when I did those same steps, I didn't encounter the problems you are describing.
Yep, that's the process. It always fails to adjust the number of pages if they're different from the replaced version of the song.
I'm still having absolutely no luck reproducing this. The only time the page order doesn't automatically adjust to use all of the pages of the new file is if the original page order didn't use all of the pages of the old file. You are using songs with just one file in them right?
(01-19-2017, 04:35 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm now going to resume working on the new master/slave tablet feature.

Mike

Best news I heard today.
Mike,

yes, I never use more than one pdf in one song (and never use jpg). And I never mess with page ordering.
The issue persists and may be related with this perhaps:
After having added a new song, the new song quite often (not always) is not displayed when clicking on it after the creation.
The rotating progress wheel is shown forever.
So I go into Edit mode, just click OK, et voilá, the song can be displayed now!
But this means that if I DON´T check immediately after having added the song, it can cause trouble later in a live situation.
I had the (Windows) library transferred to an Android tablet, and on the tablet I couldn´t open the song which had been added "normally" in Windows.
So I checked in Windows, and same behaviour there. It only worked after saving it again in Edit mode. A bit of a bummer obviously...
I do enjoy the Windows version very much though!
Oh, that song with the long name (containing four commas) still is lost after library transfer from Windows to Android.
Well, the song isn´t lost, pdf and mp3 are. It looks perfectly alright in Windows.

Cheers
Ben
I might have to work with you to get a library backup or something. That sounds to me like something bad may be going on with your database. I've definitely never seen that behavior on either version.
Here´s some additional info that might help:
I swap an existing 1 page pdf with a new 2 page pdf, SAME FILE NAME.
In Android this works smoothly, no issue whatsoever!
In Windows, only the first page is displayed after the swap, also when I close MS and open again.
Because the swap is not working properly, I go into EDIT mode, deselect the existing 1 page pdf in the Files tab, and select the new 2 page pdf.
I confirm I want to replace the existing file.
When I click OK to save the song, the turning dotted wheel turns and turns and turns, forever!
So I click on the Edit icon and then directly on OK, and now the new 2 page pdf is displayed correctly.

When the new pdf has a DIFFERENT NAME, the swap works without any problem!
As a workaround I´ll give a different name to a new file (when the number of pages is different).
Of course, it means that the old pdf is still there, just not displayed anymore.

Ben
Mike,

the issue when adding a new song in Windows persists:
It all seems to work fine, the song is saved with the click on OK.
However, when I open the song the "turning wheel" is shown, no song.
(Only ) After a click on Edit and OK, it works.

Ben