• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.7.0 Cropping and Annotation issue
Cropping an annotated page makes the annotations disappear.

It is then only possible to annotate the central area of the page.

Removing the cropping restores the annotations.

Paul
Using Tapatalk
(01-19-2017, 09:09 PM)Paul M Wrote: Cropping an annotated page makes the annotations disappear.

It is then only possible to annotate the central area of the page.

Removing the cropping restores the annotations.

Paul
Hi Paul,

I have been reporting that problem you are mentioning as of January 9, and here is Mike's response:

... if you crop a lot out of a page (40+%), it causes major clipping issues where annotations stop getting drawn both in the annotation editor and in the normal song view. The fix should be pretty easy... The only workaround on Windows at the moment is to get rid of the cropping (or crop less).

As you figured out precisely yourself, it is a kind of ghost margin where you can't see your annotation unless you zoom to maximum view and it is too bad because it means if you can't crop your original page, you can't magnify your page for better reading!

I am surprised you are mentioning 1.7 as it's supposed to be the new version with the fixes!
Hum...

Thanks for voting in my poll about this particular problem and have a good day!

Dominic
I can't reproduce this with 1.7.0. Are there specific steps that have to be taken to see this problem? If I import a new file, mark up the page with annotations, then crop it, the annotations still show up just fine for me.

Thanks,
Mike
This problem was on existing file. However I have just imported 2 new file and am experiencing annotation issues. Cannot annotate to the edge of the page and annotation is slow responding t surface pro pen.

Thanks

Paul
Using Tapatalk
Are you sure you have version 1.7.0? That sounds like the behavior that was in 1.6.9. Please verify this under Settings->About. Microsoft rejected the 1.7.0 submission due to problems with phones, so I'm not even sure they are rolling it out to everyone. I resubmitted a version 1.7.1 to try to address the issue they listed (even though I couldn't reproduce it), so I'm hoping it will pass this time.
(01-20-2017, 12:21 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Are you sure you have version 1.7.0? That sounds like the behavior that was in 1.6.9.  Please verify this under Settings->About.  Microsoft rejected the 1.7.0 submission due to problems with phones, so I'm not even sure they are rolling it out to everyone.  I resubmitted a version 1.7.1 to try to address the issue they listed (even though I couldn't reproduce it), so I'm hoping it will pass this time.
Yep, I can confirm that problem is gone now with version 1.7.0!
Thanks to master Mike!
Wink
Def 1.7.0
Using Tapatalk
Just received 1.7.1 still have same cropping/annotation issues. As soon as I remove cropping annotation works as expected. Still experiencing a delay in drawing.
There is one change however. In 1.7.0 I was experiencing the feel of a small margin so couldn't annotate to the very top of an uncropped page. 1.7.1 doesn't have this issue.
Using Tapatalk
As an experiment I have tried aggressively cropping a page (just leaving around 20% visible). With this crop I am unable to annotate at all.
Using Tapatalk
(01-20-2017, 07:05 PM)Paul M Wrote: As an experiment I have tried aggressively cropping a page (just leaving around 20% visible). With this crop I am unable to annotate at all.
That's weird... I just tried putting annotations again (pencil marks, marker, and stamps) to the edges of a cropped page both with a new imported pdf in 1.7.0, and also in a file I had problems with last week (created in 1.6.9) and they both work just fine now in 1.7.1!
Some of my pages are just about a system long now, and both of my side margins are tight with the staves, I have measure numbers also just right at begining of every staves etc and they all fully appear in any zooming sizes!
That's really annoying.

Dominic
Out of interest I've just tried on my Asus touchscreen and it is showing same behaviour as directly on Surface Pro 4 display. Files have been imported via both import feature with auto crop and via Windows open with and manual cropping.
Using Tapatalk
I'm baffled at how we are seeing such different behavior when we are both using the same device (Surface Pro 4). Which display mode are you using?
Behaviour is same on built in display and if connected to 2nd display via surface dock. I am on the windows insider fast ring so maybe its the windows build. I'm on 15014 updated today from 15007.
Using Tapatalk
With 1.7.2, I'll just remove the clipping stuff altogether. What this means is that if you draw annotations that wind up off the page (say if you cropped out the area where the annotation will be drawn), it will be allowed to draw outside of the page. This isn't optimal, but if I can't figure out why it's not working correctly on your devices, it's the way I'll have to go.
It is a strange on. Its particularly a major deal but just trying to get to the bottom of the issue.
I should note that when trying different things I was able to annotate outside of the page. Can't recall the scenario I was trying.
Using Tapatalk