• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View New Posts
When I click on "View new posts" the following message pops up "An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."  This has happened only for the last few days.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Same here
It seems to work for me... I haven't changed any of the forum software. That could just mean that there are no new posts for you to look at.
Nope,
When I scroll down the portal I can see new posts.
That is how I found yor reply. Your reply is not showing up under new posts . .
I'm not sure what's going on then.. perhaps there are some issues with the forum software. I'm going to update it really fast, so I will have to shut down the forums for a few minutes.
I just finished the update, so hopefully that will help...
No change I am afraid
Normally I follow this forum from android tablets, so I notices this problem there.

Now I Just tried from a Windows PC.
There I do get posts when clicking "view new posts".
The strange thing though is, that when I repeat this a few minutes later, there is no update to the "time since the last update" that is shown on the screen. Only when I ask a refresh from the browser, that time is updated, not when clicking "view new posts".

When posting my previous replies to this thread (on android tablet) I got similar strange response, as if the updates did not happen correctly
Scenario:
- I am on this thread an post my reply
- I go back to the portal, where I see that the thread has recently changed by my reply
- I click the thread
- The thread is shown but my last reply is not there.
- Only after asking a refresh from the browser, my reply appears.

Maybe this information helps a bit . . . .
Just had this behaviour repeated on this last post, posted on a Windows PC.

- I made the post
- pressed back to go to the screen with new posts.
- clicked on "view new posts"
- no update to the screen
- asked a refresh from the browser
- I click on the thread
- the thread is opened, but my last post does not appear
- asked a refresh from the browser
- my last post appears
I'm seeing this as well, but I have no idea what's causing it.
It looks like this is happening to a lot of people who use hostgator: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi...8bc5af0c9a

It appears to be a caching issue with their servers. They are working on fixes, so it may take a little while before everything is back to normal.
Ok, thanks for looking into this Mike
(02-04-2017, 06:25 AM)Rey_a Wrote: - I am on this thread an post my reply
- I go back to the portal, where I see that the thread has recently changed by my reply
- I click the thread

I would say this is exactly how I would expect it to work. Until you do a refresh, you're only going to see a previously cached version - which, naturally, would not include a post you have just made.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(02-05-2017, 10:37 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 06:25 AM)Rey_a Wrote: - I am on this thread an post my reply
- I click the thread

I would say this is exactly how I would expect it to work. Until you do a refresh, you're only going to see a previously cached version - which, naturally, would not include a post you have just made.
Please refer to my original post.  I stated that when I click on "view new posts" I get an error message.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(02-05-2017, 08:59 AM)Zuberman Wrote: It looks like this is happening to a lot of people who use hostgator: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi...8bc5af0c9a

It appears to be a caching issue with their servers. They are working on fixes, so it may take a little while before everything is back to normal.

Does this refer to my query in my original post Mike.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2