• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page order minor error
I have a song consisting of 2 pdf files, both are 4 pages. I have set the first one to only show page 1-2, and the second to only show 3-4. This works without any problems, but if I go back in and wants to edit the  page-reorder both files display a "1" in the page box. The whole song is still displayed correctly (i.e. 1-2 from file 1 and 3-4 from file 2), so I guess it is just the field that are updated wrong. 

Secondly, would it be possible to have an option to add existing song files to a song instead of having to find the actual pdf/jpg somewhere in MS storage path on the device (which apparently can't be done on my device... I have no access to the MS storage location, or I am to dumb to figure out the path) ?
Right now I do this by actually downloading the file once more, and then saying "yes" to "use existing file". It just seams like a waste of bandwidth.
There is a setting In MobileSheets to 'expose' the database so a file explorer app can see it.
That needs to be enabled.

I can't fathom why you would have a song broken into two (or more!) .pdf files.
Since I have no experience with that, I can't help.

EDIT: Well, I suppose you might be trying to create a medley of two songs, but still I've never done that in MobileSheets. I would probably do it using a .pdf editor.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I do it a lot if I have to change part/instrument in a song.. For example playing the flute for the first 100 bars and then change to sax for the next 100 bars etc...
I'm aware that I could generate a new pdf on the pc and using it, but usually I do not know in advance when to play what, and every rehearsal tend to bring a new instrument/sheet change.
And since the feature is there in MS why not use it Wink
(02-09-2017, 11:54 PM)laba Wrote: Secondly, would it be possible to have an option to add existing song files to a song instead of having to find the actual pdf/jpg somewhere in MS storage path on the device (which apparently can't be done on my device... I have no access to the MS storage location, or I am to dumb to figure out the path) ?

In settings storage you can change the place MSPro puts the files. (Set the MobileSheets Storage Location). I have this set to somewhere I can get to. This means I can find the files when I want to add the same PDF to another song.

It also means I can copy a new version of a PDF into that location and all the songs that use it will get updated.

Depending how may PDFs you already have, it might be worth looking at this.

But I also think it would be a good idea to have an option to search the list of PDFs already "known" by MSPro.

HTH

Andy
(02-10-2017, 07:12 PM)laba Wrote: I do it a lot if I have to change part/instrument in a song.. For example playing the flute for the first 100 bars and then change to sax for the next 100 bars etc...
I'm aware that I could generate a new pdf on the pc and using it, but usually I do not know in advance when to play what, and every rehearsal tend to bring a new instrument/sheet change.
And since the feature is there in MS why not use it Wink

I get it!  Cool

A medley of sorts...different instruments, same song.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I fixed an issue where a field used for tracking file index gets messed up after the page order is changed when using multiple files in one song. I can't seem to reproduce the issue described here where it shows a "1" in the page order field, so I'm hoping this issue is fixed in the next update. If you restart the application, and then edit the song again, is the page order still only showing 1? Or is the pages in file field that is showing the wrong value?

Thanks,
Mike
I can confirm it is fixed in 1.7.3. Thanks Smile