• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Restore to Windows 10
The Companion seems to be working perfectly with the Android tablets.

But, when I try to restore to my PC, it connects and seems to start the process, but it freezes at 1%.  I let it sit pretty long and it seems to be frozen at 1%.

Any thoughts?

Jeff
I definitely have not encountered this problem yet. I haven't tried restoring an extremely large library to my Surface Pro 4 though yet. How large is your backup file?

Thanks,
Mike
The size of the file is 661,431 KB.
I tried again. Let it sit there on 1% for almost an hour.

By the way, it used to work maybe a month ago (and the size of the file did not increase recently by much).

Any thoughts? Reinstall Mobilesheets?

Jeff
I haven't really changed anything as far as the companion app goes, so I don't think the issue lies there. I can't remember if I've made any changes recently to the library restore in the Windows 10 version, but if I did, the changes were limited. I can run through some additional tests to see if I encounter any issues restoring using the companion app to various devices. I don't think you should have to reinstall, but if you need answers faster than I'm able to provide them, you could certainly try that.

Mike
(03-15-2017, 05:14 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I haven't really changed anything as far as the companion app goes, so I don't think the issue lies there. I can't remember if I've made any changes recently to the library restore in the Windows 10 version, but if I did, the changes were limited. I can run through some additional tests to see if I encounter any issues restoring using the companion app to various devices.  I don't think you should have to reinstall, but if you need answers faster than I'm able to provide them, you could certainly try that.

Mike

Nope, I can wait.  Thanks!

Here is the computer info: 2017 Dell Inspiron i5378 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop PC / Tablet, 13.3" Full HD Touchscreen, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Only 3.5lbs

Jeff
I just restored a 2.2 GB backup file using the companion application and the Windows 10 version running on my Surface Pro 4. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you... I'll try the same test on my laptop next.
The backup also restored correctly to my laptop. Is your network fairly reliable?
(03-19-2017, 08:04 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The backup also restored correctly to my laptop. Is your network fairly reliable?

Yep, seems reliable.  And It had worked before and works fine with Android tablets.   I will double check connection address.  But will reinstall program on pc.
I think you are right about the router, Mike.

I think I somehow need to change the http address used with the router.

Sorry, I am clueless. If someone can give me guidance (or direct me to a link) I will try to change that.

Jeff
I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you trying to change the IP address of the router? In that case, you need to know what the IP address is currently. Most routers default to 192.168.1.1. If you type this into a browser, it should ask you to log in to your router. From there, you can easily change the IP address used for the router.

Mike
Sorry, you can't understand me because I don't know this area.

All I know is my Android tablets work perfectly with the Companion.

My PC does not and seems to use a difference IP Address when it attempts to connect with the Companion.

I suspect I have to change some setting on the PC. Does that give enough information to make a suggestion? (Sorry, I'm not so tech savvy)

Jeff
Every device should have a different IP address, which is expected. If the computer is using a different subnet, that could certainly be a problem. An example of this would be if the tablet was assigned 192.168.1.100, but the PC was assigned 192.169.1.100. That should only happen if you have multiple routers though, which is pretty uncommon in most setups. If you want to assign your PC a new IP, you could try going to a command prompt and typing "ipconfig -release" and then "ipconfig -renew", but it may get assigned the same IP address again. If you wanted to prevent that, you'd have to assign it a static IP address instead of using DHCP. None of that should be necessary to get the companion working though...

Mike
I tried again after MS updated on the laptop and it still did not work.
Then I clicked on the icon in MS to restore its original settings.

Then I tried to restore from the Companion again.

Interestingly, instead of just staying at 1%, it now gives an error message on the laptop, but the Companion acts as if it is continuing to restore to the laptop. I am going to let it go through the full restore process and see if it actually restores the database properly.

Jeff
Strange. I had received message" invalid message received from PC. Ignoring message."

But the Companion seemedd to continue to go through the process as if it was restoring the database.

But, then, when the Companion completed the process, I checked the PC. It seemed to include the "names" of the new songs, but it said the pdfs were not there.

Thankfully, the PC is just a luxury extra MS data base. and I pretty much only use the Android version, otherwise I would be screwed.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeff