• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Glitch?
On two different tablets I use, when I start writing an annotation (using virtual keyboard) the following happens.  If a finish typing a word and hit the space bar, a dot/period "." appears following the last character I typed.

I have to backspace and wait a couple of seconds to get rid of the period and avoid it from happening again

I think if I wait long enough (maybe 3-5 seconds) before starting the next word the period may not appear.  (I am telling Mike this in case it helps troubleshoot).

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a setting I need to change?

Jeff
It sounds like the virtual keyboard you are using may be auto-completing the words you are typing and treating it as a sentence. Have you tried switching the virtual keyboard on the device?
(03-28-2017, 05:17 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It sounds like the virtual keyboard you are using may be auto-completing the words you are typing and treating it as a sentence. Have you tried switching the virtual keyboard on the device?
Thanks, Mike.  I am just using the virtual keyboard that pops up by default.  I didn't know I could switch to a different virtual keyboard.  (Or do you mean changing the settings in the virtual keyboard?)
Jeff
I meant switch to another virtual keyboard, but it's also possible there are settings for your current keyboard that could be adjusted.

Mike
Yep, changed the setting and the fixed it. Thanks, Mike