• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Store says I own but install button is 'grey' and won't install?
Hello,

I have bought MSPRo for Win 10 from the MS Store.

The app shows I own it but the button to click on to install is light grey and won't activate.

This is on a (Prestigio) tablet running Win10, I have an SD card installed which has 52gb on it.

Any advice?

Gerry
Hello Gerry,

Please go to "About your PC" in Windows 10. You should see version 1607 and OS Build 14393.1066. If you are running an older version of Windows 10, you will need to update it using the update assistant here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

That will actually install the creators update, which is even newer than the anniversary update version I listed above. Let me know what you find.

Mike
(04-28-2017, 01:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Gerry,

Please go to "About your PC" in Windows 10. You should see version 1607 and OS Build 14393.1066. If you are running an older version of Windows 10, you will need to update it using the update assistant here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

That will actually install the creators update, which is even newer than the anniversary update version I listed above.  Let me know what you find.

Mike

OK,I think I know what the problem is. I tried to update to the version you gave and I will not as the disk is almost full. The update requires 8Gb and my 25Gb disc has only 4Gb left. I have done disk clean up and deleted / moved all the apps and programs I can find but still nowhere near. Showing that Win 10 is taking up 17Gb?

No real idea what to do next, maybe take it into my local computer shop and ask them to re-install Win 10 with the latest updates included, would that work?

All getting a bit beyond my ability now.

Gerry
That's definitely going to be a problem. You could certainly take your computer in if you are more comfortable with that. A 25 GB disc is extremely small - you might want to consider getting a larger hard drive, as you should be able to find a 128 or 256 GB hard drive for a fairly low price.
(04-29-2017, 05:54 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That's definitely going to be a problem. You could certainly take your computer in if you are more comfortable with that.  A 25 GB disc is extremely small - you might want to consider getting a larger hard drive, as you should be able to find a 128 or 256 GB hard drive for a fairly low price.

Trouble is it is a tablet and I don't know if they can even get inside it, however I will go in and ask, they can only say 'no'.

Thanks for your help.

Gerry
Hi,

I bought a cheepo Chinese dual boot tablet a while ago.
It has windows 10 installed on a 18.4 Gb partition with currently 4.5 Gb free. (32 bit os)
It installed the anniversary update last year without a problem. (no manual intervention required)
This years creators update has not installed yet but that's (probably) because it is not yet available here (my win 10 pc with large disk has not gotten the creators update either).

Just to illustrate that it can be done on a 18 GB partition, so 25 GB should also work I guess (unless maybe you have 64 bit os ???)

I read that there is something in Win 10 that is called Compact OS, which will have Win10 use some system files compacted and save you disk space.

To check if your windows is running compact or not and other information about the subject see the link below

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/save-disk-s...indows-10/

Hope this helps . . .

Regards,
Rudy