• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
generate song list file problem
I'm wanting to generate a song list text file from a setlist, but am having problems doing so. I long press the setlist name in "Setlists" and select "Generate Song List" in the drop down list at the top right of my screen. Right now I'm getting a blue box with the heading "Share" and "Share Song List" with a couple online options (email, onenote, twitter), but no means to create a file when I'm offline.

When long pressing the setlist name and selecting "Share" at the top, I have similar options to "Share song list" (which creates a .mss file), or "Export Song list" (which only allows me to save as Mobilesheets Setlist File).

For some reason I'm unable to export a file of just the song names in the setlist as I've been able to do in the past. I'm using version 1.8.0. Thanks for your help!
I have "Jota" text editor on my Android device. Jota shows up in the list of destinations so that I send my songlist to Jota and use Jota's "Save As" function.
Nice: if you use semicolons or tabs as separators you can open the generated file in Excel or LibreOffice calc and use their sorting and editing features
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(05-20-2017, 04:28 PM)itsme Wrote: I have "Jota" text editor on my Android device. Jota shows up in the list of destinations so that I send my songlist to Jota and use Jota's "Save As" function.
Nice: if you use semicolons or tabs as separators you can open the generated file in Excel or LibreOffice calc and use their sorting and editing features

That sounds like a viable solution on Android, but I'm using Win 10. I know I was able to do this previously where it would save an actual file with the setlist name as the file name, so either I'm missing something or it may even be a bug.

Thanks for your reply.
The Generate Song List option currently only supports being shared with other applications - it doesn't support being exported as a separate file. I'll have to expand that option on the Windows 10 version so that three choices are made available: share, copy to clipboard or export to file.

Update: I just added this for the next update I'm trying to finish today/tomorrow.
(05-21-2017, 07:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The Generate Song List option currently only supports being shared with other applications - it doesn't support being exported as a separate file. I'll have to expand that option on the Windows 10 version so that three choices are made available: share, copy to clipboard or  export to file.

Update: I just added this for the next update I'm trying to finish today/tomorrow.

That's an excellent solution, thank you!

Carlin