• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can not share files anymore
Question 
Hello, since the last two updates, it is for me not possible anymore to share files by email. The mobile version also has the same problem.

I select a file, press share, then share files. I check the required options in the dialog-window, then I expect a screen to select the option how to share (facebook, onenote, MAIL, etc.), but it doesn't disappear.

Am I doing something wrong?
(by the way, compliments for the great software you made)

Kind regards,
Binsie
Another user just informed me of this problem over email as well. I broke the sharing feature when I fixed the memory leaks in a previous update. I have a fix in place now and will be releasing an update this weekend to address this. I also found an issue in the Android version with sharing files when using a removable SD card.

Thanks,
Mike
I tried several times, but it's still not working.

Kind regards,
Binsie
Binsie,

Can you please go to Settings->About and let me know what version you are running?

Thanks,
Mike
(09-03-2017, 03:52 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Binsie,

Can you please go to Settings->About and let me know what version you are running?

Thanks,
Mike

I'm on 1.9.2 and still unable to share plus the language change thing happening.
Can you please try changing to tablet mode and then back to desktop mode, and then see if the problem remains?
I'm running version 1.9.2.

Changing to desktop mode doesn't help.
After the option share, I get "This app cannot share", then the program switches to an other language.
Users who experience this error must have Windows 10 set up differently than me, as I can't reproduce that problem on any device I've tested on. The sharing works fine on 4 desktops and my surface pro 4. I'm not sure if has something to do with the apps that are installed that are share targets or something else. The language changing is caused by an error being thrown in the program in Microsoft's library, and it has some sort of weird effect on the chosen localization (another problem I've been unable to reproduce). Until I can figure out how to reproduce this error, I'm really not sure what to do, as the code is correct based upon every example provided by Microsoft.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm also using a surface pro 4.
Good news - I was finally able to find a way to reproduce this issue. It only occurs with a release build, making it harder for me to determine what the problem is, but it does appear to be something internally failing in Microsoft's sharing code. I'm going to see what I can do to fix the issue.
So I've finally fixed the issue with the language changing unexpectedly. It turns out that was the fault of the crash reporting software I was using (HockeyApp, now owned by Microsoft). I still haven't determined why the sharing is failing though, as Microsoft's library is providing next to no information.
It took a lot of experimentation, but I was finally able to figure out the problem with Microsoft's sharing interface. It's pretty technical, so I won't bore anyone with the details, but after a few tweaks, I no longer am getting any errors. I will try to release an update as soon as I can with this fix.

Thanks,
Mike
Just loaded the update and tried sharing.  It tells me it's exporting, but doesn't ask me where to.  Then it throws me out of the application entirely.

Happens with both "share as msf" and "share file".

Harper
That's disappointing to hear. I'll look into this as soon as I can. It looked like things were working on my PC - it asked me what application to use after exporting, but it sounds like for you the application just exited at that point.
For me it works fine now.
Great!