• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup and Restore from-to different devices
Hello!

I do a Backup from tablet and Restore to Windows 10. Why sometime files cannot be find? Should not the Backup make a Full copy of settings and files? Please check the attached screenshot. Why that file does not exist on the target device after restore?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, the backup file absolutely should have all of the settings and files. You can check to see if the backup file actually contains this file by using the companion application to view/extract the backup and see if you can extract the file for this particular song. If you want me to take a look at this problem in more detail, I may need to get my hands on the backup file so I can get more information. It's possibly the tablet isn't successfully packaging all of the files in the backup file or that something is going wrong during the restore process on your Windows 10 device. Is the tablet an Android device?

Thanks,
Mike
(08-25-2017, 05:09 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Yes, the backup file absolutely should have all of the settings and files. You can check to see if the backup file actually contains this file by using the companion application to view/extract the backup and see if you can extract the file for this particular song. If you want me to take a look at this problem in more detail, I may need to get my hands on the backup file so I can get more information. It's possibly the tablet isn't successfully packaging all of the files in the backup file or that something is going wrong during the restore process on your Windows 10 device.  Is the tablet an Android device?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike! Yes my tablet is Android (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2).
However, I tested the backup file through Companion application and that file (pdf) is there, it's been successfully extracted. So the problem should be when restoring the backup in Windows 10 app?
I tried to import the same backup in another computer and same error, same file missing. Please see attached screenshot.
Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,
I have the same Problem in Combination with Android Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and MS Surface Pro. I can't get some Files on my Surface.
MS Surface Pro 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2
Would either of you be willing to upload a backup file for me to test with? That way I have a backup file I know demonstrates this problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
please give me an email address, thanks.
mike@zubersoft.com should work just fine, thanks.
I just picked up the Windows version to use on my Surface Pro 4. I successfully restored an Android backup into the Windows app (had to use a more recent Oct '17 backup; earlier Sep backup did not fully restore). Going the other way - Windows to Android - however, the PDFs did not port correctly. It appeared from error messages that the PDF paths had direct references to Windows folders which naturally could not be resolved in Android.
This might not just be a Windows problem, I have a similar thing happening when restoring to an Android tablet. See - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=4203
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Something definitely doesn't sound right there. Is there any chance you can upload that backup file for me to test with (email a link to mike@zubersoft.com if so)? With the other backup files I've used, they all seem to restore correctly on Android. I'm wondering if maybe the PDF files couldn't be successfully extracted from the backup file, so it reverted back to the invalid path.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-03-2017, 02:52 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Something definitely doesn't sound right there. Is there any chance you can upload that backup file for me to test with (email a link to mike@zubersoft.com if so)?  With the other backup files I've used, they all seem to restore correctly on Android. I'm wondering if maybe the PDF files couldn't be successfully extracted from the backup file, so it reverted back to the invalid path.

Thanks,
Mike

Will send a link via e-mail.
(10-03-2017, 03:38 AM)Serafin Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:52 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Something definitely doesn't sound right there. Is there any chance you can upload that backup file for me to test with (email a link to mike@zubersoft.com if so)?  With the other backup files I've used, they all seem to restore correctly on Android. I'm wondering if maybe the PDF files couldn't be successfully extracted from the backup file, so it reverted back to the invalid path.

Thanks,
Mike

Will send a link via e-mail.

I tried loading the Windows backup file into Android again and this time it worked!  I'll chalk it up to an environment hiccup.
Odd... you are the second user to report something like that occurring. I'm going to try restoring the backup over and over to see if there are some situations where certain files aren't extracted properly.

Thanks,
Mike