• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing Songs
I couldn't find this question anywhere else, so I apologize if it's been answered. When I connect my tablet (Asus Transformer Prime TF201) to MobileSheets, I can transfer pdf songs fine. When I try to associate a song I get an error if I choose "tablet removable storage" as the location. If I choose the "tablet global music library" I can transport fine. I was trying to use tablet storage because I'd like to have the pdf and the audio track together. If I allow the track to be placed in the global library, I can manually move it to the tablet storage, but I don't think I should have to do that each time. The tablet says: "error receiving audio tracks from PC", then the 2nd message is "Error: invalid message received from PC. Ignoring message". After a minute, I get an error box from the companion app on the pc saying "an error was encountered while adding or modifying song. Verify that the connection is still valid to the wireless network." If I close all of the windows I'm left with the Companion window that is showing my songlist. That window is frozen, but if I hit "disconnect" on the tablet, the window releases then I can connect again. This happens each time I try to import to the tablet removable storage.

I'm using the free version while I wait for my AirTurn to arrive. Once I check that out, I will upgrade to the paid version. The track I'm trying to import is a .wav file from GuitarPro. Does it need to be an mp3? I'm guessing not because it plays if I move it to the correct folder manually. I'm using a Win7 pc.
It sounds like there may be a bug present when using tablet removable storage to transfer an audio track. I'll run some tests on my end to see if I can reproduce the problem. Assuming I can, I'll make sure a fix is released with the next minor update (v4.0.11).

To answer your question: A .wav file should be perfectly fine.

Mike
Snuggs, just to verify: your pdfs are being successfully copied to the external SD card when you use the companion app (by specifying removable storage as the destination)? I want to make sure, as many users are reporting issues with not being able to use external SD cards due to a recent change by Google. Google now disables the ability for apps to write to external SD cards unless the device manufacturer overrides their default behavior. Probably a move to force users to use the cloud so that Google makes ad revenue...
Yes, but I need to verify something also. I'm not putting the files on a "real" external, micro usb card. I'm putting the files in "removable storage". That's using the language that's in the MobileSheets manual. I made a new folder and the path is: /sdcard/mobilesheets. I'm putting my pdfs there and I have a folder for each new song. That was one of the most confusing things to me when I first got a tablet. Having what is essentially the hard drive, named sdcard. But anyway, I made my own path, according to the manual, so when I uninstall to upgrade, I won't lose my stuff.

So, the answer is yes. I can move pdfs to removable storage just fine. It's moving a song to that location using the companion app that fails. The workaround is to use the companion to move the song to "global music library", then go into my file explorer and move the song to the corresponding folder.

Thanks for looking into this. I hope my answer wasn't too muddled.
Perfect answer, and that is a valid use of the removable storage location. I'll look into this as soon as I can.
(07-26-2013, 03:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Perfect answer, and that is a valid use of the removable storage location. I'll look into this as soon as I can.

Thanks Mike.
just downloaded the paid version, can you direct me how I start to import my sheet music into MS thanks
http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.html

This works best for me.Smile

(12-11-2013, 07:39 PM)art Wrote: just downloaded the paid version, can you direct me how I start to import my sheet music into MS thanks
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12