• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI ACTIONS
Hi Mike,
I'm intensively using the MIDI features in MSP interfacing my tablet (Hannspree 13,3) with my pedalboards.
Whenever I recall a song a MIDI Program Change is sent to the board and the correct sound is set.
Everything work perfectly. But pedalboards controllers and pedals are changing a lot and
I am now using the Smart Buttons to change some of the parameters on the spot.
My first problem is the size of the buttons, can this be modified? I found the buttons too small to be easily touched while playing (guitar).
I am aldso considering to use an external pedal to send to MSP a Control Change command to activate a Smart Button but I realized that this is not an option available in the list of actions.
My Idea is to use incoming Control Change codes to activate Next or Previous Smart Button in the list available for a certain song.
I think this could be an helpful option also for keyboard players to activate changes during the performance.
What are your considerations about this request?

Kind regards

Giovanni
Hi Mike,
do you think this can be a new feature?

Thanks

Giovanni
Hello Giovanni,

Yes, I do think at some point I'll be able to add some settings to control the size of the buttons. To keep things simple, I may just have four options - small, medium, large, or custom, and in custom, you have to enter a width and height for the button. I will then probably also need to provide a way to make that the default for future smart buttons.  I'm hoping this is sufficient for most users, as providing a more interactive way to specify the size (such as drawing the size of the box on the score with your finger) would be considerably more work and seems like overkill. Do you agree?

Mike
Ciao Mike,
for the button size this will be perfect.
What about the selection of Smart Buttons via incoming MIDI  messages.
You gave to MSP the powerful option to react to incoming MIDI Message and I was wondering if one of the option could be the activation of the Smart Buttons.

Giovanni
Giovanni,

Assigning smart buttons to MIDI commands would require some pretty big UI changes. Is there a reason you want to trigger smart buttons through MIDI messages instead of using Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Actions? Are you wanting to trigger different actions in each song versus having a global trigger?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
The idea is to be able to trigger the buttons keeping the hands on the instrument.
In the global MIDI Actions should be available an option for the activation of the next or previous Smart Button, same as positioning, page turning, bookmarks, etc. 
This will help to change patch on the pedalboard or keyboard or activate lighting during live sessions.
If this is a massive change it could still be something to plan for the future.

Many thanks for all your effort and patience.

Giovanni
I can certainly look into adding an option to trigger the next or previous smart button, similar to how the "Activate next link or turn page" works for the pedal actions. The question is: if you send the MIDI action to trigger the next smart button, should that only work if the smart button is actually visible on the current page? Or should it trigger the next smart button in the list regardless of where it is in the song?

Thanks,
Mike
The trigger should work for the Smart Button of the song regardless of where it is.

Thanks

Giovanni
Hi Mike,
any chance to see at least the size of Start Buttons modified?
Thank for your hard work.

Giovanni
Sorry I mean SMART BUTTON

Rolleyes
Yes, I can try to slip that into one of the updates, but I'm not sure on the timing. I keep getting sidetracked on small enhancements and it's delaying the release of the library synchronization features which many users need.

Mike
Many Thanks Mike.

G
(04-04-2018, 04:10 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Yes, I can try to slip that into one of the updates, but I'm not sure on the timing. I keep getting sidetracked on small enhancements and it's delaying the release of the library synchronization features which many users need.

Mike
Hi Mike,
many many thanks for your perfect interpretation of my requests.
It works great. I'm sure that many other will enjoy such a useful feature.

You are a star.

Giovanni
You are very welcome. Thanks for providing the feedback and suggestions.

Mike