• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Break
I have really enjoyed the program and switched over from Song Repertoire (for Windows 10) and converted 4 other band mates as well.

I would love to have the feature to add a set break as a line between songs for multiple sets.  This is the only feature that I miss from Song Repertoire.  It also shows the total time for each set as well.

Thanks,

Wayne
Hello Wayne,

That's definitely on my list of things to add. There has been some great user feedback on that in the past, I just haven't had time to add that feature yet.

Thanks,
Mike
We prepare an MSP setlist for the whole gig and separate the sets with dummy sheets named "Set 1" ... "Set x".
I have an extra collection "Separators" for those sheets for easy filtering. The separator sheets can be PDF, ChordPro, any format that is  supported by MSP. Or you can create empty songs with "Add Placeholder" and write annotations on the empty sheets.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sorry to be so late to this topic, however, I was just looking for this exact feature!  Currently, I just create different set lists for the same gig.  It gets a little cumbersome to export the multiple sets into one excel files for my band mates that have not adopted 21st century technology and need a print out.  It would also be cool to have a countdown timer displayed during the "break" to keep us on track.
(02-01-2018, 09:24 PM)itsme Wrote: We prepare an MSP setlist for the whole gig and separate the sets with dummy sheets named "Set 1" ... "Set x".
I have an extra collection "Separators" for those sheets for easy filtering. The separator sheets can be PDF, ChordPro, any format that is  supported by MSP. Or you can create empty songs with "Add Placeholder" and write annotations on the empty sheets.

Ahh, good idea to create a separate collection for them.  (But, probably a relatively easy feature for Mike to add at some point).

Jeff
cesterly - are you wanting those breaks to display something when you page through the setlist? Are you wanting like a blank page to represent the break? If so, I'm going to have to make a lot more changes to how setlists are structured internally to support something like that. If there isn't a blank page, when are you wanting to see the countdown timer displayed? How would MobileSheetsPro know the right time to show that?

Thanks,
Mike
Is that really a required feature for MSP?
Between two sets we just switch off the displays of our tablets to save battery, leave the stage and agree on "lets start the next set at e.g. 21:55"
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(08-09-2018, 07:47 AM)itsme Wrote: Is that really a required feature for MSP?
Between two sets we just switch off the displays of our tablets to save battery, leave the stage and agree on "lets start the next set at e.g. 21:55"

Thanks for the replys guys!  I just thought it would be cool if whe i turned the page after the last song in a set it would say something like, "end of first set" and also start a countown timer that would display how much time until the start of the next set.  When creating the set list, i was envisioning entering the "break time" in between sets in minutes.  Of course, all of these things are not nessesary and the app works great as it is.  Maybe others would have no use for a frature like this.   I also have no idea how complicated or time consuming the programing would be.
Would a pdf page with 'Set break' and a smart button to a stop watch as the last song work as well?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(08-08-2018, 11:13 PM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:24 PM)itsme Wrote: We prepare an MSP setlist for the whole gig and separate the sets with dummy sheets named "Set 1" ... "Set x".

Ahh, good idea to create a separate collection for them.  (But, probably a relatively easy feature for Mike to add at some point).

Jeff

Any news in this topic? I perceive it to be quite important. At least it is for me. 
Breaktime however not.

Thanks!
It's still on my list. As mentioned in other places on the forum, the amount of time I'll be able to dedicate to MobileSheets is going to increase drastically starting next year so I will be able to accelerate the addition of new features once the iOS version is finished and released.

Mike
I like the idea of using a blank sheet (something like "End/Break time") ... in fact that's what I did when using a folder...
(08-31-2019, 01:03 PM)adelara Wrote: I like the idea of using a blank sheet (something like "End/Break time") ... in fact that's what I did when using a folder...
I suspect it's what many of us do.  Why are we talking about complicating a simple issue?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here