• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey empty groups
Mike,

in earlier releases of MSP a group that didn't have a song associated with it was displayed in grey font.
Is it possible to re-introduce this? The grey color helps identifying say artists that are no longer needed...

Thanks.
Ben
Hi Ben,

I don't recall ever displaying the font in gray... perhaps I just can't remember. If you go to Settings->Library Settings and enable "Show Number of Songs", then you can see on the right side of every group entry how many songs are in it. That's an easy way to tell if there is an empty group.

Mike
Hi Mike,

a couple of years back we discussed this "Show number of songs" (initially you showed the number right after the song, in brackets, I suggested to right-align them and open the song directly if there's just one in that group). You can't distinguish a line that has ONE song from a line that has NO song, therefore the grey font had its appliance and justification. I'm pretty sure it was there!
Could you check again?
Cheers
Ben
Did you enable "Skip Viewing Groups with One Song" under Settings->Library Settings? The description of the setting seems to match what you are describing. Based upon my testing, it does seem as though you need to enable both "Show Number of Songs" and "Skip Viewing Groups with One Song" in order to see the titles with gray text. That may be a bug, as I think you should probably see the gray titles even without the "Show Number of Songs" setting enabled. Would you agree?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, that's the setting I always have (Show Number of Songs" and "Skip Viewing Groups with One Song").
Just realize the grey colour does work in Android. It doesn't in Windows, which is my principal working environment for MSP these days (with two Android "satellite" tablets).
Sounds like a bug with the Windows 10 version then. I'll look into it and get it fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike