• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINDOWS 10-USB PEDAL
Hi,
first post on this wonderful Forum! Nice to meet you all!
I'm writing because I'd like to bypass bluetooth pedal and use a USB pedal.
Is there anybody with my setup ( PC and Mobilesheets for windows) that has a ( possibly not too expensive) usb pedal working?
I've tried with  Scythe USB Foot Switch II bought on Amazon but it wasn't working...
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Save
(03-22-2018, 12:28 AM)savejazz75 Wrote: Hi,
first post on this wonderful Forum! Nice to meet you all!
I'm writing because I'd like to bypass bluetooth pedal and use a USB pedal.
Is there anybody with my setup ( PC and Mobilesheets for windows) that has a ( possibly not too expensive) usb pedal working?
I've tried with  Scythe USB Foot Switch II bought on Amazon but it wasn't working...
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Save

Don't know if this will be helpful, but I use a USB connection with the Pagelip firefly on my Android device. 

I do also have Mobilesheets in a Windows 10 laptop, but I don't know if I even used the pedal.  I would think it would work the same as Android.

The Pageflip cost a lot more, but I think it is more optimized out of the box for page turning.

I looked at the Scythe and similar (less expensive) page turners.  I think you have to install (and program) some software to make it work as a page turner.

I hope that helps.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
thank you for your feedback.
Actually what you do is what I'd like to ( use pedal for pc with usb and android with an otg cable)
Unfortunately I was looking for something cheaper than firefly...
Is there any other suggestion?
Thanks again,
Save
(03-24-2018, 11:50 PM)savejazz75 Wrote: Hi Jeff,
thank you for your feedback.
Actually what you do is what I'd like to ( use pedal for pc with usb and android with an otg cable)
Unfortunately I was looking for something cheaper than firefly...
Is there any other suggestion?
Thanks again,
Save

I understand.  I was considering the same thing  I had enough problems with bluetooth, that I just did not want to rely on it.

I had been using a billipro pedal ( alittle less epsneive than the firefly), which I liked (used for several years) but I think there is an issue of the attached cord, so after a year or so it stops working.

So, I just sprung for the firefly.  I have been happy with it, but they do charge a big premium.

I think there are a small number of people in the forum who use the less expensive pedals that are not necesarly designed exclusively for page turning , but not sure if with Android and Windows.

Did you research the software and programming that is required for the Scythe ?  I think you have to do something so the pedal responds to the page turn prompt.

Sorry, I can't offer any suggestions beyond that.   

Jeff