• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating setlist only on the Master
Is there any way to setup the Master & Slave in a way that (provided all the slaves have the same music sheets on their tablets) I could make a set list ONLY on the master and it will be able to bring up those sheets on the slave?
This is incredible useful especially if i'm in the middle of a gig, and i need to change up the setlist a little.. currently I have to go to every tablet and change it on theres. which i generally dont have that sort of time at the gig itself.

It would also be useful in general, so i dont have to keep on backing up and restoring my Mobilesheets from tablet to tablet just to share my setlist..

(If i change something up only on the master's setlist, it will not come up on the slaves when i load my setlist.)
One option would be to utilize the library synchronization feature that I'm finishing up right now to quickly transfer the setlist to all the other tablets. You could also share it as a .mss file with the other tablets (long press setlist on the main tablet and use Share->Share song list) and either transfer the file directly or use something like Dropbox as the transfer mechanism. 

If it would benefit people in general to have an option to "Generate temporary setlist on connected devices" or something along those lines, I can look into adding that too. The idea would be that a temporary setlist (i.e. not created in the database) would be generated and all matching songs in the master's setlist would be added to it. If the slave device doesn't have a single matching song, then no setlist would be loaded. Let me know what your thoughts are on that.

Mike
(05-19-2018, 12:50 PM)Zuberman Wrote: One option would be to utilize the library synchronization feature that I'm finishing up right now to quickly transfer the setlist to all the other tablets. You could also share it as a .mss file with the other tablets (long press setlist on the main tablet and use Share->Share song list) and either transfer the file directly or use something like Dropbox as the transfer mechanism. 

If it would benefit people in general to have an option to "Generate temporary setlist on connected devices" or something along those lines, I can look into adding that too. The idea would be that a temporary setlist (i.e. not created in the database) would be generated and all matching songs in the master's setlist would be added to it. If the slave device doesn't have a single matching song, then no setlist would be loaded. Let me know what your thoughts are on that.

Mike
The library synchronization feature sounds like it may help, but will it need proper internet to share with other tablets? 
I say "proper internet" because when using the master & slave function, I'm using a router without any internet connection to connect everyone.. So connecting to dropbox by the MSS file will be tough in a live letting:/   (I assume everyone uses just a router as well)

I love the idea of "generate temporary setlist"!
do you think they would be able to turn the pages themselves if need be?
(I restore all my tablets from Backups when i add new songs (which takes a while being that I've got over 800..), so they all have the same sheet music.. It's really just the setlist thats the issue.
(05-19-2018, 12:50 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If it would benefit people in general to have an option to "Generate temporary setlist on connected devices" or something along those lines, I can look into adding that too. The idea would be that a temporary setlist (i.e. not created in the database) would be generated and all matching songs in the master's setlist would be added to it. If the slave device doesn't have a single matching song, then no setlist would be loaded. Let me know what your thoughts are on that.

Mike

Temporary setlist would be amazing.
(05-19-2018, 01:06 PM)aronniasoff@gmail.com Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 12:50 PM)Zuberman Wrote: One option would be to utilize the library synchronization feature that I'm finishing up right now to quickly transfer the setlist to all the other tablets. You could also share it as a .mss file with the other tablets (long press setlist on the main tablet and use Share->Share song list) and either transfer the file directly or use something like Dropbox as the transfer mechanism. 

Mike
The library synchronization feature sounds like it may help, but will it need proper internet to share with other tablets? 
I say "proper internet" because when using the master & slave function, I'm using a router without any internet connection to connect everyone.. So connecting to dropbox by the MSS file will be tough in a live letting:/   (I assume everyone uses just a router as well)

I love the idea of "generate temporary setlist"!
do you think they would be able to turn the pages themselves if need be?
(I restore all my tablets from Backups when i add new songs (which takes a while being that I've got over 800..), so they all have the same sheet music.. It's really just the setlist thats the issue.

What type of tablets are you using and with what OS?

I tried to use Master/Slave with my Android tablets (Android 5) and it wouldn't work properly without an internet connection.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
The library synchronization feature will not require the internet. It will work over WiFi or bluetooth just like the master/slave feature. You can configure the master/slave connection to only load setlists/songs without turning pages. If you want each user to be able to turn their own pages, you can certainly set it up that way (they also have control over their own connection if some users want that and some don't).

Mike
Cool! is this feature available yet?

Thank you
I'm guessing this will work with files/charts with the exact same name?

If so, I don't think I'll be able to use this feature as my charts are named with their instrument part. 

i.e "Don't Stop Believin (E) - CHART - Drums", "Don't Stop Believin (E) - CHART - Bass" etc etc
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
The library synchronization feature is not available yet - it's what I'm working on finishing right now. I have both the Android and Windows 10 code all written now and I'm just testing. If all goes as planned, I should have a beta ready for the device-to-device synchronization this weekend. The master/slave features I mentioned are already available.

dallaskruse - to which feature are you referring? Library sync or master/slave?