• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back up to Google Drive
Is anyone else having trouble saving a backup to Google Drive? My settings are correct and it says the backup is complete, but it's not showing up in Google Drive.
I've gotten reports from a few users who have described issues with uploading backups to Google Drive, but I've never been able to reproduce those issues myself. I'd love to hear if other people are having success with it or not. The one thing I'll say is that there is no official SDK for UWP apps to connect to Google Drive. I'm using this library https://github.com/google/google-api-dotnet-client which lists UWP as unsupported even though it mostly seems to work. If enough people report that they are unable to upload backup files successfully, I may have to write my own library to connect to Google Drive using the REST API. 

Mike
(06-05-2018, 12:57 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've gotten reports from a few users who have described issues with uploading backups to Google Drive, but I've never been able to reproduce those issues myself. I'd love to hear if other people are having success with it or not. The one thing I'll say is that there is no official SDK for UWP apps to connect to Google Drive. I'm using this library https://github.com/google/google-api-dotnet-client which lists UWP as unsupported even though it mostly seems to work. If enough people report that they are unable to upload backup files successfully, I may have to write my own library to connect to Google Drive using the REST API. 

Mike

It started this week, so patch Tuesday might have killed it. I can't remember if there was anything in that roll out that might have impacted it. MobileSheets thinks it has completed the backup and uploaded it, so I don't know that any logs would pick it up. Since that library has gone into maintenance, I suspect it's not going to be addressed. I'd offer to help, but that way above my coding abilities at the moment.

It's not a big deal - I can do the file picker to back it up to my local Google Drive folder so it will auto-sync.