• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AirTurn Ped not working with Lenovo TAB4 10 plus
I have been lent an AirTurn Ped (not Pro) and I can see that it is working because the AirTurn manager app recognizes the pedal taps but MobileSheets (and, I suspect, all other apps) do not recognize the pedal taps. I searched the forums long and hard and found many articles that don't quite seem relevant,  or refer to settings that I don't seem to have. Any ideas? 

Many thanks!
The AirTurn manager app is most likely using AirTurn's custom bluetooth connection interface to talk to the pedal instead of just handling key press events. I can't support that interface unless I make the minimum supported OS version 4.4, which would mean a lot of users would no longer get updates (there is a forum post about this). So I'm delaying support of that for a little while until more promised features are delivered.

If you have the AirTurn PED set to mode 3, you go to MobileSheets->Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, you tap the keys field for pedal 1, you tap clear, then press the PED switch and nothing happens, then that means that the pedal is not communicating properly with the OS and there is nothing that can be done about that.  Some users have found that their pedal only works if they turn off WiFi, so you could try that as well.

Mike
Thank you so much. I must confess that I am not sure what the real problem was. The next time I attempted to link the devices, I got, for the first time, options popping up to configure the virtual keyboard. I didn't know what to do but it didn't seem to matter either, everyhteve just worworked after that. I had a great big band rehearsal on Monday using Mobilesheets under pressure and it performed very well.

We get our pads via Google drive so the import option is a dream. I just import the whole folder whenever there's a new chart and I know I'm up-to-date.