• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to sign in DropBox on every import
For whatever reason, when I select IMPORT > DROPBOX, MSP takes me to Chrome to authorize the Dropbox API link.

When I select my songs to import and press OK, it then takes me BACK to the Dropbox API.

I have to do this every time I want to import a song.

Any way to resolve this?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
That's really bizarre. I can't say I've seen that before. Can you try installing the Dropbox app, and seeing if that fixes the issue? That will authenticate through their app instead of a web browser.

Mike
I will try that and report back.
circling back

i have installed DBOx on my 8 tablets.

about every 3rd time or so I go to Import, I still will get the DropBox window open to allow access to my email/user.  

I'll select the PDF's in my dropbox i want to import, press OK, and then that same window from DropBox will pop up.

Every time I try to import, it opens twice. Once while entering my dropbox folder and once while leaving it going back into MSP.

Weird and it takes up a lot of time. Wondering how to bypass this issue.
I've definitely never seen that before.  It's almost as if the oauth2 token that is supposed to be saved after authentication is not working (or is not being saved correctly). That token is what allows my app to reconnect to Dropbox without needing to provide username/password information.  Did you happen to change any of the settings under the developer options on those tablets?

Mike
(10-08-2018, 12:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've definitely never seen that before.  It's almost as if the oauth2 token that is supposed to be saved after authentication is not working (or is not being saved correctly). That token is what allows my app to reconnect to Dropbox without needing to provide username/password information.  Did you happen to change any of the settings under the developer options on those tablets?

Mike

I haven't changed any developer settings on any of my tablets.

It happens on any random tablet at any random time.  I "THINK" i've noticed it when my tablets switch networks but can't confirm nor can be sure that would even be an issue.

I have multiple networks in my house and often take them to work on them in the living room vs office (different Wifi networks).

I will admit that the Wifi on my tablets is nothing short of dismal. They constantly drop the wifi when connected to my home network while using the Companion App.

What I have to do is go into Google Play store and start to update ALL my apps ... it seems that once that happens, it will lock the Wifi into a connection somehow and then the tablet will stay connected to my Wifi and the companion app.
I'm currently on travel, but when I return and can test switching networks, I will see if that is related to the problem you are seeing. I'm not really sure why that would matter though, as none of the Dropbox code cares about how you have connectivity or what network you are on. It just requires internet access.

Mike