• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected Page Rotation
Been successfully using MSP on Chromebook Pro in tablet mode with PageFlip FireFly for months, then yesterday at church when I hit the pedal, my MSP sheet (entire display) rotated from portrait to landscape! And it wouldn't rotate back to portrait until I restarted Chromebook OS. Luckily another musician had a print i could turn to before reset was done.

MSP  seemed fine until last night. With MSP open in tablet mode, as soon as the pedal bluetooth pairs, it locks the tablet in landscape and won't rotate back.

My workaround is to manually set Chrome OS display to 90 degrees in tablet mode. Standard auto-rotate is not working when I turn on the pedal and it pairs with the device.

I'm thinking it's the Chromebook/PageFlip pairing that's now locking the display orientation. 

Anyone else have this experience with Chromebook OS?

- MSP Version 2.1.9

jazzairwaves
I'm seeing the same thing with my Samsung Chromebook Pro and the Donner bluetooth pedal.  Did you find a solution?  One other thread said they reset to factor defaults and that worked...

-Dan
The genius programmers for Chrome OS broke this in version 69 and still haven't fixed it in 71 even though they know it is a problem. I manually rotate my Samsung Chromebook Plus v1. It's not perfect, but it works.
Not sure if this is related or not, but it's worth a shot.  I am running MS on a Surface Pro 4 tablet and am having a problem (new) where the music sheets will not rotate to Portrait (stays in Landscape). 
When I am looking at a sheet and select the 'Select Display Mode' icon on the bottom left side of the page, I see [Default Settings] which include [Orientation: Landscape]. Despite changing the setting to [Portrait] and clicking [OK], the page(s) does/do not rotate to [Portrait] AND re-opening the 'Select Display Mode' dialog box shows the Default Orientation has reverted back to [Landscape]. 

- Denis
The dropdown option on the dialog is indicating what display mode to use in each orientation. By switching that to portrait, you can just pick a different display mode when your tablet is in the portrait orientation. If you closed that dialog, rotated your device, and then viewed the dialog, you would see that it switches the dropdown to portrait automatically so that the user is seeing the display mode for the current orientation. If you want to rotate your pages, tap the display settings icon at the bottom left (it looks like a gallery icon), then tap on "Rotate". You can then rotate either the current page, all pages in the current file, or all pages in the entire song (if you long press the rotate icons without a number in them).

Mike
I'm seeing this issue too.
I have a new chromebook and a Strich pedal.  I have to force portrait mode using CTRL+Shift+Rotate and then launch MSP.  Really limiting.
I also find if you try and edit a setlist, there's no save or back button, hmm. annoying. (regardless of orientation)

thoughts?
(05-25-2019, 03:50 AM)davewalker Wrote: I'm seeing this issue too.
I have a new chromebook and a Strich pedal.  I have to force portrait mode using CTRL+Shift+Rotate and then launch MSP.  Really limiting.
I also find if you try and edit a setlist, there's no save or back button, hmm. annoying. (regardless of orientation)

thoughts?

Is this still an issue with people or did I miss a solution?

Dave