• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find Missing Files & Swap File
It would be very convenient if I could call "Swap File" directly from the results list of "Find Missing Files", in particular when more than one file is missing.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Just tap on the file and "swap file" is what happens. That's basically the default action.
Sorry Mike. Thanks for telling me what's going on. I was not aware that the file selection that starts when I tap on the file does not point to the original file. It is the file selection of the "swap file" feature - great.

When testing that I came across another bug of "Swap File":
When I replace the file of a song from a fakebook with a file that has fewer pages than specified in the song's Page Order field, "Swap File" seems to work correctly. The new file is taken over. But when I try to open the song it cannot be opened and I run into an endless turning circle.

Please check during "Swap File" that the pages specified in Page Order also exist in the new file.

A simple solution without additional UI could be
- display a warning that pages do not exist in the new file
- replace the file anyway
- set Page Order to a valid page e,g. page 1 of the new file

better:
let the user choose between aborting "Swap File" with keeping the original path or the method above

perfect with all bells and whistles:
let the user choose as above and if he decides to replace the file offer a possibility to specify a new correct Page Order
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de