• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation not appearing correctly on cropped pages
After updating to 2.4.5, annotations don't appear correctly on pages that have been cropped, and adding new annotations is not possible. The annotations will not show unless the pages are re-cropped to be restored to their full size. I need to be able to use annotations properly tonight, so is there either a quick fix for this, or a way to revert back to the previous version that didn't have this problem?
Same issue here. Hope a fix is out soon as I'm trying to prepare for a wedding next weekend and need to do a lot of annotating.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
(11-26-2018, 06:30 AM)schnautza Wrote: Same issue here. Hope a fix is out soon as I'm trying to prepare for a wedding next weekend and need to do a lot of annotating.

If it helps, my workaround for the moment is to cover all the areas I would've cropped with white pen. A bit cumbersome, but with it set to size 100 it's doable.
Thanks, if there's not a fix in a couple days, I'll do this. It'll be a bit of a nightmare on page turns since the white space will prevent me from reading ahead, but it's better than nothing.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
The only way I can get people quick fixes is if they want to switch to the version sold on my store instead of the Microsoft Store version. Microsoft takes 2-3 business days to approve any update (so weekends are a problem), so I can never fix problems quickly with that version. With the version sold on my store, I can fix problems immediately and release an update. For example, version 2.4.6 is already available through my Fastspring store. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com if you want to switch over. Otherwise you will have to wait until Microsoft approves the update to fix this issue which won't be until the middle of the week.

As a side note, I posted about this in the news section in the forum here https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...p?tid=5065 as soon as I was made aware of the issue. I was hoping it would reach people before they updated.

Mike
I am now with 2.4.6 and it still ghosts the annotations if they are too close to the cropped page borders... it is too bad because that is a problem that occured in an earlier version and was fixed.
The only trick that works for me before this problem gets fixed again, is to reduce the cropping too close to where you want to put annotations...
I can't seem to reproduce that problem at all either on my PC or Surface Pro 4. Having said that, I did make a few adjustments to the code already to fix the issue where annotations on the edges might be partially cut off when the overlay was shown. If you are using the Fastspring store version and want to test out an early build with this fix to see if it addresses the problem on your device, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I can get that for you.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-07-2018, 03:38 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce that problem at all either on my PC or Surface Pro 4. Having said that, I did make a few adjustments to the code already to fix the issue where annotations on the edges might be partially cut off when the overlay was shown. If you are using the Fastspring store version and want to test out an early build with this fix to see if it addresses the problem on your device, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I can get that for you.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike, seems fixed with today's last!
Dominic
(12-08-2018, 04:59 AM)domgi Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 03:38 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce that problem at all either on my PC or Surface Pro 4. Having said that, I did make a few adjustments to the code already to fix the issue where annotations on the edges might be partially cut off when the overlay was shown. If you are using the Fastspring store version and want to test out an early build with this fix to see if it addresses the problem on your device, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I can get that for you.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike, seems fixed with today's last!
Dominic

Sorry Mike but apparently this fix is not fixed in the last version, it still does akward things whether I zoom /unzoom, exit/re-enter edit mode, even hive around makes them reappear sometimes... using any tools like eraser also the selection area won't show and other things like that!
Everything shows when I exit edit mode but it's like working in the dark!
It is very important for me to be able to crop the pages to the limit in order to have desired music size, and so is to make annotations!
Please send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com. I'd really like you to test out the latest build to see if you are still encountering issues with the annotations. If my latest changes fixes the issue for you, then I will release an update with that immediately. If the issue still exists for you even with the fixes I've made (that aren't released yet), then I will roll back the fixes I made to stop annotations from bleeding between pages, and people will just have to live with that issue I guess. Microsoft's clipping stuff is just a pain to work with.

Thanks,
Mike
Did you update to version 2.4.9?