• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
(09-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks for the offer to help, I'll reach out to users once I'm further along.

Mke

Yes! Yes! Yes! I’ve been using Mobile Sheets for a couple of years and love it. I too migrated from forScore. 

Something I’d love to be able to do: I want to keep mobilesheets on my Microsoft Surface laptop/tablet, but sometimes I’m on my iPad. Or on my iPhone when I need to refer to a score. I’d love a way to bring up my scores and play!

Maybe even a limited version off this: I.e. no editing of scores, no new scores, no new annotations. Just viewing. That would be awesome!
(12-22-2018, 08:32 AM)Zubersoft we zijn bijna 2 jaar verder maar nog niet dat mobilesheetspro te gebruiken op iPad Pro iOS. Wrote: Ik ben zeker van plan MobileSheetsPro over te zetten naar iOS. Ik ga er volgend jaar mee beginnen nadat ik beloofde verbeteringen en functies heb geleverd. Het zal echter een tijdje duren om alle code over te dragen, omdat het in feite een complete herschrijving is.

Mike
That's just the way software development goes. I wasn't working full time on MobileSheets until this year, so it was difficult to provide accurate estimates. If users prefer, I can just not provide any targets for when things will be released and only mention new development when I'm confidently weeks away from releasing it. I'm still finishing up changes for the annotations functionality on the Windows 10 side due to the significant complexity of porting the changes from Android (and the changes to the way things are rendered). Once that is done, I'll finally be able to focus on the iOS version. 

Mike
I've eradicated Apple products from my family - but I still play with people who use iPads.  We play together/remotely using jamulus (highly recommend it for real time playing) and I share out MobileSheets over the Internet to keep us all on the same page.  We love it.  But the iPad players are left out and we all have to sit around waiting for them to find the music when we change songs.  If only MobileSheets was available for iOS - another shout out for you Mike, if you needed it.

--Andrew
Thanks Andrew - the iOS development is going to be my primray focus after I finall finish all these changes with the new annotation design. It's definitely taken longer than expected as I've been fixing other issues with the app along the way, but I think it's all pretty close now. I'm going to do my best to get the iOS version completed as fast as possible, but there will probably be a lot of hurdles along the way as I get used to the iOS environment.

Mike
OK Zuber Dude, I'm rooting for you.
Hi Mike - its been a few months since I last posted about iOS.  Do you have any progress towards release that you can share with us?  Thanks.

--Andrew
Hello MobileSheets, 

Any news on when the iOS version is ready for the Beta?

I would love to be part of the testing. I just love this App, it is the best for music scores and such a shame that is not out for iPads. Musicians love iPads for their good sound qualities and applications...
Hope to soon be able to enjoy MSP also on my iPad. 

Keep up the amazing work!

Nadia
Work is underway, but I'm still in the early stages of development. I'm finishing up documentation for the next major update, and then I'll be able to finally switch gears completely to work on iOS (although I'm sure additional updates will be needed over the coming weeks and I'll still slip in periodic updates for the other versions). The beta is still a little ways off - thanks for your patience, I know it's taken a while.

Mike
Also here to support the idea of an iOS version of MobileSheets. Thanks for keeping us posted, Mike!
I am SO excited to get beta testing the ios version! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help get this moving!
Thanks - I'm just getting one more round of updates finished for Android and Windows 10, and then I'll be focusing on the iOS version to see how fast I can make progress and get closer to a version that is ready for beta testing. I definitely was not anticipating some of the issues with version 3.0.0, and some the changes that were necessary based on user feedback, so that has set me back a little bit on the schedule. I really appreciate everyone's patience and willingness to help test when the time comes.

Mike
(02-10-2021, 06:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks - I'm just getting one more round of updates finished for Android and Windows 10, and then I'll be focusing on the iOS version to see how fast I can make progress and get closer to a version that is ready for beta testing. I definitely was not anticipating some of the issues with version 3.0.0, and some the changes that were necessary based on user feedback, so that has set me back a little bit on the schedule. I really appreciate everyone's patience and willingness to help test when the time comes.

Mike

Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop, Mike!  I can only imagine the to-do list you have for the versions already in use let alone adding iOS!

I'll be standing by with my brand new iPad Pro 2021 1TB ready for a beta whenever you get there!  After all these years and now I don't have an android tablet, I'm gonna miss Mobile Sheets until then!!  Sad

Hoping for SOON!  

Thanks again for all you do!!! Smile

~Sarah
Hi Mike,
is there any realistic hope for an iOS version in the coming months?
My android tablet (dedicated to MobileSheets) is reaching its end of lifecycle…
Thanks,
Marc
In the next few months? No, I don't think I have any shot of finishing it in that timeframe. I'm way behind schedule on where I wanted to be with the iOS version due to how much attention I've had to spend on the Android/Windows 10 versions since the 3.0.0 update. Things are more stable now, so I'm making solid progress on the iOS development, but I still have a long ways to go unfortunately.

Mike