• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap Files Confusion
I'm a basic user but decided I really need to learn to use Swap Files. It used to be when I made a change to a song as long as I used the exact same title when importing the new version MS would replace the old one (or ask me if I wanted to) in all the setlists and collections that song was. Now it just adds a duplicate listing and I do it by hand, which gets rather tedious, and it's hard to remember all locations where that song exists.
So - Swap Files... I import my new version of an existing song. It shows up next to the old one. Long Press the new one, Menu, click "Swap File" where I expect to get a song list where I can choose the old song to swap out. But I just get a list of folders (I assume folders on my tablet) and don't know where to go from there. So I re-read the manual again but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks - Sue R.
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
Sue,

If you long press a song and select "Swap File", the next step is for you to select the file that you want to import to replace the file the song is currently using. So the browser is shown to allow you to pick that file. 

Mike
(02-21-2019, 11:05 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Sue,

If you long press a song and select "Swap File", the next step is for you to select the file that you want to import to replace the file the song is currently using. So the browser is shown to allow you to pick that file. 

Mike

I apologize for being rather dense about this, maybe this is just over my head. But I'd like to try once more. I have both old and new versions of the song on my tablet in MS in the Song list right now, having put them there via Companion on my computer. I'm trying to swap one for the other. When you say I need to select the file I want to import I'm guessing that means from outside not from within MS? But I have no idea what folder or where to go to find that new file. The only way I've imported songs into MS is through Companion, which is disconnected when I do anything in MS on the tablet, so I can't click on a song and Swap File and also be connected to Companion or my PC, if that is where I should be finding the new file. I guess I understand where my files are on my computer but not where they might be on my tablet or how to access them. Is that what I'm needing to figure out?

I greatly appreciate your reply, Mike, but this isn't a high priority and I know you're fixing more important bugs. I can certainly do what needs to be done by hand.  Sue
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
Sue,

I'll need to know where you think you copied the new file or downloaded it. If you downloaded it, it's most likely in the downloads folder, which I can help you find. So the process to swap your file would be as follows:

1) Open MobileSheetsPro
2) On the Songs tab, find the song that needs to be updated and long press it to select it
3) Tap the three dots at the top right and select "Swap File"
4) In the file browser, you should be at /storage/emulated/0 (which you can identify by looking at the bar at the top that should say "Root . Storage . Emulated . 0")
5) Tap on the "downloads" folder in the list
6) Tap on your file
7) Change any settings you need to on the swap file dialog (or just accept the defaults if you are unsure)

That's all there is to it. You can also use the companion to swap files by right-clicking on the song in the main list and selecting "Swap File".

Mike
(02-21-2019, 01:24 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Sue,

That's all there is to it. You can also use the companion to swap files by right-clicking on the song in the main list and selecting "Swap File".

Mike

------------------

Got it!! Thanks so much. I used Companion (I understand computer files better than the tablet). I just had never used Companion for anything other than dragging files onto the tablet; didn't realize I could do more. That makes swapping easy. I did find the files on the tablet though (with help) - they are in Android - Data - com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro - files. Makes sense now. I do appreciate your patience.    Sue R.
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9